Mariemont Players Inc. is seeking a Box Office Manager with excellent communication and management skills, for immediate hire. The Box Office Manager operates the Mariemont Players box office, facilitates season subscription drives, handles ticket sales, and serves as the first point of contact with patrons attending Mariemont Players performances. This is a part-time position, requiring availability for nights and weekends (during performances).
About Mariemont Players:
Mariemont Players, Inc. (MPI) is one of Cincinnati’s oldest and most successful community theaters. Our organization delivers high quality live theater entertainment at affordable prices. MPI stages 6 productions a year (a new play every 2 months). There’s loads of variety in our shows – from hilarious comedies to exciting musicals to challenging mysteries and thrilling dramas. We’re proud to say that our shows, actors and directors have won many awards, but more importantly, our audiences keep coming back, season after season, for some of the best live theater in Greater Cincinnati.
Managing Season Subscriptions
- Receive subscriptions via mail and voicemail (highest volume falling between March and August). Fill subscriptions, tracking designated seats and performance dates.
- Create “thank you” letters and tax credit letters, and send with tickets.
- Make bank and credit card deposits and forward deposit info to accountant and MPI Treasurer.
- Collect patron line information for the program and forward to the board member managing the program during current season.
- Compile and forward subscriber information to mailing list administrator.
- Ticket sales become available when season subscription drive is complete (August 1); Load available tickets into Vendini ticketing system and make available for sale.
- Receive phone calls to box office phone line and process payment, making sure to reserve tickets in online ticketing system. Pull purchased tickets and either address and mail, or file for Will Call.
- Make bank and credit card deposits as needed (forward this information to MPI Treasurer and accountant
- Forward address information to mailing list administrator.
Tending to Season Subscribers & Donors
- Ad hoc ticket exchanges for season subscription holders (this service is only available to season subscribers, not single-ticketholders).
- Fielding calls from patrons, answering questions and providing excellent customer service.
- Sending thank-you notes to donors who donate with ticket or subscription purchase.
Performance Box Office Management
- Operate the box office for each performance of Mariemont Players Inc.’s six-show season (13 performances each).
- Arrive one hour prior to each performance, set up/run box office, staying until the performance begins. After opening curtain, pack up box office.
- Sell walk-up tickets, distribute Will Call tickets, and assist patrons with questions as needed.
- Previous experience with ticketing systems preferred.
- Accounts receivable experience a plus.
- Experience in customer service, sales, etc.
- Must be available during the run of each MPI production (13 performances, 6x per year) – example:
- March, 2020:
- Friday, March 13, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Sunday, March 15, 2020 (12:30pm)
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 (6:00pm)
- Friday, March 20, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Saturday, March 21, 2020 (8:00pm)
- Sunday, March 22, 2020 (12:30pm & 5:30pm)
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 (6:00pm)
- Friday, March 27, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 (1:30pm & 6:30pm)
- Sunday, March 29, 2020 (12:30pm)
- May, 2020:
- Friday, May 8, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Sunday, May 10, 2020 (12:30pm)
- Thursday, May 14, 2020 (6:00pm)
- Friday, May 15, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Saturday, May 16, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Sunday, May 17, 2020 (12:30pm & 5:30pm)
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 (6:00pm)
- Friday, May 22, 2020 (6:30pm)
- Saturday, May 23, 2020 (1:30pm & 6:30pm)
- Sunday, May 24, 2020 (12:30pm)
- Primarily evenings and weekends.
- Available for immediate start.
- March, 2020:
Interested and qualified applicants may send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is available for immediate hire, with an ideal start date in March, 2020. Questions about the position may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Mariemont Players Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.