Loveland Stage Company announces auditions for the comedy THE MUSICAL COMEDY MURDERS OF 1940 by John Bishop. Please note: this is NOT a musical.
Directed by Becky Cole
Produced by Jill Gornet
Sunday, February 9th and Tuesday, February 11th from 7-9 PM at Loveland Stage Company
111 S. Second Street, Loveland, OH.
Please bring a list of all conflicts from March – May. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
Show dates are May 15- 24. Rehearsals begin in early March on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings.
*** Please visit www.lovelandstagecompany.org for parking information ***
December, 1940. An eccentric theatre financier has gathered a team at her mansion in Chappaqua, New York. Everyone believes that they will have a backer’s audition in order to get financing for the newest musical. However, the shadow of the team’s last show hangs over the group–deemed a flop, Manhattan Holiday was ravaged by the “Stage Door Slasher,” a mysterious killer. The undercover police officer is hoping to flush out the killer from this group of suspects–but the killer has other plans. Throw in blizzard conditions and secret passageways to create an Agatha-Christie-meets-Clue formula of whodunnit parody. The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940 is full of delightful slapstick comedy.
Cast 5 M, 5 W various ages 20 to 70 plus – suggested stage ages
- HELGA – The German maid. 30’s plus. No nonsense.
- ELSA VON GROSSENKNUETEN – The Host. 40’s plus. Flair for dramatic and extremely eccentric. Espionage is in her blood.
- SARGENT MICHEAL KELLY – The Law. 40’s plus Irish, New York City Police Officer . Tough no nonsense.
- MR. PATRICK O’REILLEY – An Actor. 30’s plus. Rather sinister looking.
- KEN DE LA MAIZE- The Director. 40’s plus. Self absorbed. Likes to drop names in a most annoying way.
- NIKKI CRANDALL- An Actress. Mid to late 20’s plus. Considered a typical chorus girl.
- EDDIE MCCUEN – An Actor. Mid to late 20’s plus. Struggling out of work comedian. Is attracted to Nikki.
- MRS. MARJORIE BAVERSTOCK – The Producer. 40’s plus. Dresses and carries herself like Royalty. Flatters everybody around her.
- BERNICE ROTH – The Librettist. 40’s plus. Dresses like a gypsy dancer. Rather odd and emotional. A drinker who has zero espionage in her blood.
- ROGER HOPEWELL – The Lyricist. 40’s plus. Outrageous, flamboyant song writing partner of Bernice.
Any questions please contact :