Director Tess Catlin invites you to come and audition for MCP’s May show, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN DEAD. This light-hearted approach to murder and mayhem involves the audience in the search for the culprit. Come be a part of this funny farce by the master of mirthful mystery, Pat Cook. The show will be presented May 8, 9, 14, 15 & 16 at 8:00 PM and May 10 at 2:00 PM.
Auditions will be held
- Saturday, February 1st, from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM and
- Sunday, February 2nd, from Noon to 5:00 PM at Theatre 42.
The venue is located at 2752 S US Route 42, Lebanon, Ohio 45036.
There is no need to schedule an appointment. Come expecting cold readings from the script. You are welcome to complete the audition form and bring it with you to streamline the process. See link below.
Characters of the show include:
- HARNELL CHESTERSON – male, mid 30s-early 50s, a pompous narrator who expresses all thoughts without any regard for his words.
- OFFICER BAINBRIDGE – male, 30s-40s, long suffering police detective; easily frustrated
- BLANCHE LATOURE – female, late 20s – late 40s, frazzled director trying to maintain authority
- ARNOLD TURNBULL – male, 40s, a large man with a large presence (also plays FAT DADDY – a rich vindictive southerner)
- DORIS TURNBULL – female, 40s – 50s, a self absorbed actress (also plays SWEET MAMA – Fat Daddy’s wife)
- LOIS JACOBSEN – female, 20s – 30s, energetic but awkward (also plays SAVANNAH – Earl’s overly amorous wife & MAN 1)
- STEVE RANDALL – male, 20s, newcomer to the group, obviously does not know the others well (also plays EARL – a worm of a son, & MAN 2)
- AJAX CONROY – male, 20s-30s, not very bright (also plays CLETE – the house handy man & MAN 3)
- LEIGH DORSETT – female, 20s-30s, business like, very practical and plans everything out (also plays HYACINTH – a daughter who likes to clean firearms, & WOMAN)
- TRUDY MARSH – female, teenager or early 20s, – ultimate techie, is able to handle many things at the same time
Here is a synopsis of the show for those who are unfamiliar with the work:
You’ve just settled down in a theatre to solve an audience-participation murder mystery. The narrator comes out and gives you a little insight as to what to expect during the show. The show starts and you meet Fat Daddy, a rich but vindictive southern man and his scheming family. It is obvious there will be a murder, but who will it be? Will it be Sweet Mama, Daddy’s pandering wife; Hyacinth, the daughter who’s always cleaning the family firearms, the wormy son Earl, or his amorous wife, Savannah? What about Clete, the handyman? As the play unravels, you find that nothing is as you expect. When the director comes on stage and the police arrive, everyone is accused of murder; even the actors. Yes, you are a suspect, as well! This frantic mystery-comedy will have you guessing and laughing until the last clue is dropped and the last line is delivered.
Audition forms can be printed from here, or can be completed at the Theatre… https://www.masonplayers.org/j15/images/ProductionPerformance/Dead-Audition-Form.pdf