The CCMONSTAGE Play Series presents this moving coming-of-age tale about the challenges and wonders of life on Oct. 17-20, 2019. Tickets are on sale now
CCM continues its new CCMONSTAGE Play Series with The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, playing Oct. 17-20 in Cohen Family Studio Theater. Winner of the 2015 Tony Award for Best Play, the production is based on the novel by Mark Haddon and adapted for the stage by Simon Stephens.
The story focuses on 15-year-old Christopher and how he uses his extraordinary brain to navigate everyday life. He is exceptional at mathematics, but has never ventured alone beyond the end of his road. He detests being touched and he distrusts strangers, overwhelmed by sensory overload.
When Christopher finds his neighbor’s dead dog, he becomes determined to solve the mystery and find the murderer. His detective work takes him on a thrilling journey through London that overturns his entire world.
“Christopher is a hero on a hero’s journey,” says CCM Acting Professor Richard E. Hess, director of the play. “He teaches us about courage, about resilience, about curiosity and about hope. This play is a revelation, a magical journey to the heart.”
The 2019-20 CCMONSTAGE Play Series presents The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time on Oct. 17-20, 2019, at Cohen Family Studio Theater. Tickets are on sale now through the CCM Box Office; student discounts are available.
- Richard Hess, director
- Mallory Bruno, production stage manager
- Seth Howard*, scenic designer
- Alex Mason*, lighting designer
- Travis Byrne*, sound designer
- Sammi Grant, dialect coach
* CCM Student
- Jabari Carter as Christopher
- Amanda Nelson as Siobhan
- Gabe Nasato as Ed
- Sierra Coachman as Judy
- Chandler Bates as Voice One, Mrs. Shears, Mrs. Gascoyne, Woman on Train, Shopkeeper
- Noah Buyak as Voice Two, Roger (Mr. Shears), Duty Sergeant, Mr. Wise, Man Behind Counter, Drunk One
- Reid Robison as Voice Three, Policeman, Mr. Thompson, Drunk Two, Man with Socks, London Policeman
- Frankie Chuter as Voice Four, Reverend Peters, Uncle Terry, Station Policeman, Station Guard
- Kayla Temshiv as Voice Five, No. 40, Lady in Street, Information, Punk Girl
- Michelle Jardine as Voice Six, Mrs. Alexander, Posh Woman
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18
- 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20
Cohen Family Studio Theater, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
- Single tickets prices start at $27; student discounts and group rates are also available.
- Learn about additional ticket options for current CCM students.
- Tickets and subscriptions can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online now through our e-box office.
Directions & Parking
CCM is located on the campus of the University of Cincinnati. Please visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions for detailed driving directions to CCM Village.
Parking is available in UC’s CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc. New York.