Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Payroll & Benefits Specialist
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers the activities relating to the payroll and benefits processing including implementing and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). This position reports to the Human Resources Manager. The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is a full-time, full-year, exempt salaried position.
- Process multi-dimensional weekly payroll (hourly, salary, union), including administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, support orders, union deductions, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with Human Resources Manager to improve payroll and benefits processes.
- Assists employees and managers with timekeeping questions and issues.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, ACA etc.)
- Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports.
- Prepare weekly posting batches and integrate date into the General Ledger.
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations.
- Assists with annual open enrollment, including preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials, scheduling meetings to communicate changes to employees, and overseeing changes within deadlines..
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
- Plans, conducts and reports results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee. Works closely with Finance for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401(k), etc.).
- Addresses benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintains contact with employees to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Processes monthly billings from carriers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Administers online COBRA and FSA enrollments/changes.
- Responds to and manages unemployment claims.
- Manages payment of workers compensation cases in the 15K Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years, preferably at least 5+ years of experience administering payroll and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of basic accounting and human resources practices, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance. Bachelors Degree and CPP preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of payroll and benefits software applications. Paycor experience is preferred.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations..
- Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures.
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread..
- Possess a creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data or information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements and exercise good judgment.
- Communicate using English language.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and an appreciation for the performing arts and theater in particular is preferred.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and occasionally stoop or kneel.
- The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position is partially sedentary, and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
Human Resources Manager
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt. Adams Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45202
No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply: October 20, 2019