Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Associate Director of Education and Community Engagement
The Associate Director of Education and Community Engagement will work collaboratively with the Director of Education and Community Engagement to develop and implement department programs and goals. This position reports to the Director of Education and Community Engagement, and provides direct supervision for two (2) Education Associates, seven (7) Acting Interns, and all freelance Teaching Artists. The Associate Director of Education and Community Engagement is a full-time, full-year, exempt salaried position with benefits.
- Manage and supervise Education Department personnel including Teaching Artists, Education Associates and Acting Interns.
- Oversee education programs, including scheduling and internal communications.
- Serve as the curriculum lead, responsible for reviewing and approving all curriculum and teacher resource guides based on department standards.
- Develop, design and implement interactive experiences, post-show discussion prompts and lobby engagement displays.
- Recruit, contract, onboard and train Teaching Artists for all education programs.
- Support department programs and projects as assigned.
- Manage the administration of assigned programs.
- Manage the implementation of program and department budgets.
- Teach classes, camps, residencies, and workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Nights and weekends are required for teaching classes and attending community events. Start times do vary based on scheduled classes and workshops. The schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the programs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a director, teaching artist, curriculum designer, administrator and program manager.
- Experience facilitating post-show and community conversations.
- Must be energetic, flexible and adaptable, and able to multi-task and work independently in an environment with competing deadlines.
- Experience training and managing teaching artists and administrative staff.
- Ability to work as an effective and collaborative team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a strong ethical character and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
- Proficiency with project and event management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- Experience in supervising and motivating staff to achieve high performance goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with community partners, school administrators, board members and other high level stakeholders in education programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position is partially sedentary, and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Submit your cover letter, resume with three references and a sample lesson plan to:
Director of Education and Community Engagement Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt. Adams Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45202
No phone calls, please.
Deadline for applications: October 6, 2019