Open audition notice for ICEBERGS by Alena Smith
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, Oct 14 & 15, 2019, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Nov 29-Dec 15, 2019
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by Debra Kent
Produced by K.L.Storer
Welcome to Los Angeles, California, where the weather is always nice, and the future looks bright — mostly. We visit the trendy Silver Lake hills of L.A. on a warm November evening, on the Day of the Dead. Calder is a promising writer/director, and his wife Abigail is an actor still waiting for her big break. An old school buddy of Calder’s visits, as does his agent, and Abigail’s friend Molly — who stops over to read Tarot cards. The evening weighs in on loyalty, principles, climate trauma, carbon footprints, the fear of having children, and the fate of humankind.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts between Oct 16 and Dec 15, 2019.
NOTE: If you would like to audition but are unavailable Oct 14 or 15, please contact the director at email@example.com to schedule an alternate time.
- Calder: Male – 35-40-ish*, a filmmaker
- Abigail: Female – 35–40-ish*, Calder’s wife, an actor
- Reed: Male – 35-40-ish*, Calder’s friend and a paleontologist, African-American
- Molly: Female – 30-45-ish*, Abigail’s friend and a fortune-teller
- Nicky: Male – 30-35-ish*, Calder’s agent
*DIRECTOR’S NOTE: I am more interested in whether you can play this age than if you actually ARE this age.
The show runs weekends Nov 29-Dec 15, 2019