CenterStage Players is now accepting applications for Directors for our 2020-2021 season.
CenterStage Players (Ohio) aims to produce 4-5 shows a year which will be performed at Lockland High School in Cincinnati, OH. We have presented many ACT award-winning productions in the past such as Acapulco, Take Me Out, and Tribes, among others. You can find a list of previous productions on our website – www.centerstageplayersinc.com.
We are searching for creative and talented directors, both experienced and new, who aren’t afraid to take a risk. We are open to comedy, drama, farce, and musical submissions and are particularly interested in rarely performed shows, original works, and “edgy” scripts.
Interested applicants should send the information shown below to Mark Culp, Vice-President of Production, before the deadline of November 30, 2019.
Director interviews will take place in early January, 2020.
Please respond to this notice by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please include the following information with your submission:
- Director Information (Name, Contact Info)
- Director Resume
- Title of Play (please complete one submission for each production you are pitching)
- Author of Play
- List any production or technical crew persons that work with you on a regular basis
- What technical issues, if any, does the show present and how would you plan to resolve them?
- Are there any anticipated casting difficulties? If so, how would you overcome them?
- Are there budgeting issues or exceptional costs associated with this production?
- What about the show appeals to you as a director?
- If your show is selected, are there any timing restrictions that would help us in building our season schedule (i.e., can only direct in early fall or late spring)?
- Please include a copy of the script if possible. If not, please ensure that it is a show that will have an easily accessible copy (i.e., the library).
NOTE: Multiple shows may be pitched. However, individual director interviews will be limited to 30 minutes.