St. Paul Players announce auditions for their December production, HAPPY HOLLANDAISE! by Tim Koenig
Directed by Randy Blake
- Sunday September 22 at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday September 24 at 7:00 pm.
St. Paul Lutheran Church – 106 Maple St. Reading, Ohio 45215
Parking Lot for the Church is 121 Willow St. Reading, Ohio 45215
Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Performance dates: December 6-8 and 13-15
Auditions consist of cold readings from the script.
All Claire Finley wants is the perfect Christmas. She’s hired the celebrated gourmet chef Vilma Hasenpfeffer to prepare her famous Hasenpfeffer Hollandaise Sauce for her dinner guests — the new vicar and his very pregnant wife, Mary. Unfortunately, however, the chef is late, the guests are early and there are burglars loose in the neighborhood. To top it all off, Claire’s father has been hit on the head (with the crèche, no less!) And thinks he’s the leading man in all of the West End theatre productions of the last 30 years! With the help of her quirky brother George, Claire tries to keep everything together as it continues to unravel in this sidesplitting British farce reminiscent of Arsenic and Old Lace.
- Claire Finley….impulsive and manipulative, but not malicious
- George Finley….Claire’s brother; charming, but clumsy
- Philip Linley….George and Claire’s eccentric father
- Vilma Hasenpfeffer….renowned German gourmet chef famous for her sauces; also plays her twin sister Helga
- Larry Finch….the Lone Wolf Burglar; a second-story man past his prime.
- Irene Quigley….Larry’s young apprentice from America
- Father William Abbott….the new vicar; nervous about his new parish
- Mary Abbott….Father Abbott’s long-suffering and very pregnant wife.
- Inspector Archie Abernathy or Inspector Alice Abernathy….officious and by the book