AUDITIONS for ARCADIA by Tom Stoppard. Directed by jef brown.
Monday and Tuesday, July 15 and 16 at 7pm
At 8 N. Fort Thomas Avenue, Fort Thomas, KY 41075 (street level)
This tragicomedy – considered by many to be Stoppard’s finest play – concerns itself with the relationship between past and present, order and chaos, certainty and uncertainty. Set simultaneously in the early 1800s and the present, Arcadia demonstrates that contradictory things can – and often do – co-exist, complemented by Stoppard’s characteristic wit-filled dialogue.
The cast will consist of four women, stage ages 15-40s and eight men, stage ages 16-50s.
Performance dates are October 4-12, 2019
Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Bring resume, known conflicts for the period July 28 through October 20; British dialects will be used in this production (don’t worry, we have the best coach in the city); headshot not necessary but welcome.
Questions? Contact the director at email@example.com.
Want to work behind the scenes? Contact the producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Characters of 1800
- Thomasina Coverly: The daughter of Lord Coverly and Lady Croom, Thomasina is a precocious genius.
- Septimus Hodge: Thomasina’s tutor, and the academic colleague and friend of Lord Byron.
- Jellaby: The Crooms’ butler.
- Ezra Chater: An unsuccessful poetaster staying at Sidley Park.
- Richard Noakes: Lady Croom’s gardener.
- Lady Croom: Thomasina’s mother.
- Captain Brice: The brother of Lady Croom.
- Augustus Coverly: Thomasina’s trouble-making younger brother.
Characters of the present
- Hannah Jarvis: The author of a best-seller on Byron’s mistress Lady Caroline Lamb.
- Chloe Coverly: The 18-year-old daughter of the modern Lady Croom.
- Bernard Nightingale: A don at a modern university in Sussex, England.
- Gus Coverly: Valentine and Chloe’s younger brother, who has been mute since the age of five. (Gus and Augustus are played by the same actor.)