CenterStage Players is pleased to announce the cast of THE ELEPHANT MAN by Bernard Pomerance.
Directed by Tom Peters
Produced by Fred Hunt
The cast includes:
- Frederick Treves – Jay Dallas Benson
- Carr Gomm/Conductor – Arny Stoller
- Ross/Bishop Walsham How/Snork – Burt McCollum
- John Merrick – Aaron Whitehead
- Pinhead Manager/London Policeman/Lord John – Chris Koonce
- Will the Porter/ Belgian Policeman – Jacob Hart
- Streetwalker/Pinhead/Princess Alexandria/ – Sally Fint
- Countess/Miss Sandwich – Bridgid Dunn
- Mrs. Kendall/Pinhead – Jessie Faye
Showdates: September 27-29 and October 4-6, 2019.
THE ELEPHANT MAN is based on the life of John Merrick, who lived in London during the latter part of the nineteenth century. A horribly deformed young man – victim of rare skin and bone diseases – he becomes the star freak attraction in traveling sideshows. Found abandoned and helpless, he is admitted to London’s prestigious Whitechapel Hospital. Under the care of celebrated young physician Frederick Treves, Merrick is introduced to London society and slowly evolves from an object of pity to an urbane and witty favorite of the aristocracy and literati, only to be denied his ultimate dream – to become a man like any other. Premiering in London in November of 1977, the production moved to Broadway in 1979 and ran until 1981, winning the Tony Award for Best Play (among others).
For more information and tickets go to www.centerstageplayersinc.com