Chapter Relations Director
The Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) seeks a dynamic director to lead, develop and support EdTA’s state and international chapters and national student leadership program.
About Us: The Educational Theatre Association is an international nonprofit association with more than 135,000 active members. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education: honoring student achievement in theatre; supporting teachers by providing professional development, resources, and recognition; and influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA is the home of the International Thespian Society, an honorary organization established at nearly 5,000 schools, that has inducted more than 2.3 million theatre students since its founding in 1929. EdTA also produces the International Thespian Festival and publishes Dramatics magazine in print and online for high school theatre students, and Teaching Theatre, a journal for theatre education professionals. The Educational Theatre Foundation is the philanthropic arm of EdTA.
- Develop, implement and manage all chapter leadership activity including finding and growing leaders, operational structure and governance support, and providing day-to-day support for leaders and all chapter events.
- Visit, seek to understand, and connect with chapter directors’ goals, opportunities, and challenges; develop and implement solutions to support their goals.
- Assist chapter leadership in financial management, bench building and succession planning.
- Develop and implement leadership training for Chapter volunteers including but not limited to the Annual Leadership Summit and student leadership course.
- Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders to develop and establish new chapters and to increase membership footprint.
- Develop, manage and implement the Student Leadership program (national and chapter level).
- Manage annual budget development for department and monitor performance to meet monthly budget objectives.
- Build and implement goals and objectives for Chapter Relations by evaluating accomplishments, challenges, outcomes, opportunities, trends, and best practices, in driving EdTA’s mission, vision and strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Theatre, Education or related field. Theatre and/or theatre education background is a plus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 + years’ professional experience, with particular focus in leadership development, client service, or chapter/member relations.
- Experience leading and training volunteers, preferable in a non-profit setting.
- Project management experience.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operations model.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent customer interface, service and relationship building skills to establish effective working relationships with internal and external constituencies.·
- Ability to travel to chapter events, including weekends, up to 40% of the time.·
- Job location: Onsite in Cincinnati preferred. May consider remote for strong candidate
Please submit cover letter and resume by email (Subject line: Chapter Relations Director 2019-64) to: HRManager@schooltheatre.org
First consideration will be given to applications received by 5/5/19.
No phone calls please.