Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park seeks camp counselors for our Summer Theatre Day Camp. Counselors help facilitate all aspects of camp, including serving as role models who assist and motivate campers. Throughout the day counselors facilitate their group’s activities including check-in and check-out, proctor student breaks, and support Teaching Artists as teaching assistants during classes. Ideal candidates have completed or are working towards a college degree, have experience working with children and are enthusiastic about teaching theatre to youth. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Goup Leader for one group each week or floater as needed
- Lead morning warm-up and afternoon group activities
- Escort students to each class & assist Teaching Artists during classes
- Proctor all student breaks and lunch
- Provide assistance with room and administrative prep
- Coach students one-on-one
Orientation/Prep Week: May 28 – May 31, 9:00am-5:00pm
- LOCATION: Playhouse in the Park
Camp dates: June 3 – August 2 (off the week of July 1-5)
- LOCATION: Offsite venues or the Playhouse in the Park
Hours: (subject to change depending on needs of location) Shift 1: 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday Shift 2: 8:15am-5:15pm, Monday-Friday Shift 3: 8:45am-5:45pm, Monday-Friday Pay Rate: $10/hour
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Check campers in and out every day
- Lead morning warm-up with assigned group
- Facilitate afternoon assembly each afternoon
- Provide supervision during snack, breaks and lunch
- Coach students one-on-one or in small groups as needed
- Demonstrate for students and support them during classes
- Maintain a positive and team-focused atmosphere
- Set up lunch area each day and tear down
- Provide breaks for other counselors as assigned
- Clean up rooms at end of each day
- Demo Day presentation support
- Prep supplies as needed
- Write up injury reports for students
- Manage basic injury and ailment needs
- Report all injuries and issues to the Camp Coordinator
- Other tasks as assigned
- Experience working with children, working in a large group setting preferred
- Experience with administrative processes preferred
- Currently attending college, graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree, or commensurate experience.
- Good email communication skills
- Experience with customer service
- Organized and able to solve problems quickly and positively
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- This position is partially sedentary and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
For more information, go to cincyplay.com and click on the Employment tab.
To apply: Please send a resume and three references to Valerie Perez, Education Coordinator at Valerie.email@example.com
No phone calls please. Deadline to apply is April 7, 2019.