Directed by John Vanderplough
Produced by Dan Schindler
Auditions on Monday, May 20, at 6:30pm in the Theater
Auditions on Tuesday, May 21 at 6:30pm in the Theater
Fairfield Community Arts Center
411 Wessel Dr, Fairfield, Ohio 45014
Casting for 5 Female / 5 Male
Auditions will consist of cold-readings from the script. Please be prepared to list all rehearsal conflicts. A small head-shot and theatre resume is nice, but not required.
- Jack (casting for age 20s): anxious and introverted young man who opens up to the residents.
- Gina (casting for age 40s): the retirement home’s coordinator and nurse practioner. She cares deeply about her residents.
- Ray (casting for age 70+): loves to sleep, but mastered the art of dropping in and out of conversations
- Young Ray (casting for age 30s): flashback scene
- Kate (casting for age 65+): a former actres who is alwasy on stage
- Young Kate (casting for age 20s): flashback scene
- Neil (casting for age 70+): somewaht of a curmudgeon, an Air Force veteran
- Young Neil (casting for age mid-30s): flashback scene
- Emily (casting for age 80-90): suffers from dementia; watches TV for many hours each day
- Jenny (casting for age 55-60): visits Emily regularly
Rehearsals: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 6:30 PM to 9 PM, starting August 5. Cast read-thru on July 29
Production Dates: September 20-22, 27-29
ABOUT THE SHOW:
This comedy/drama is set in a retirement home. An anxious and introverted 20-something, who has never had a job, is hired to help care for the home’s residents. Through interactions with them, he comes to truly care about each of them. They, in turn, learn much from him.