Open auditions for MAMMA MIA
- Mon, March 18 from 6-9pm
- Wed, March 20 from 6-9pm
- Thu, March 21 from 6-9pm
Loveland Stage Company Theatre
111 S. 2nd. Street (Rt 48)
Loveland, OH 45140
Directed by Deirdre Dyson and Glenna Knapp
Produced by Theresa and Steve Kovacs
Music Directed by Pat Kelly
Choreographed by Sonja Hansen
2 weekends: 8 performances
August 15,16,17,18 23, 24, 24, 25
Rehearsals will start in June.
EVERYONE: Please prepare 16 to 32 bars of a song in the same style as the show to showcase your range. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes for a dance audition. There will also be cold readings from the script.
Chorus can audition solo or in small groups.
You can download the audition form here.
Cast Size: About 30 -35, age 16 and up.
Major roles (Note: Ages noted are age of the STAGE characters)
- Donna Sheridan: 41 Leader of “Dynamos” rock Group 20 yrs ago. Fiesty, independent single parent
- Tanya & Rosie 40’s Former “Dynamos”
- Sophie Sheridan 20 Donna’s Daughter. Wants romance, babies and a big white wedding.
- Lisa & Ali 20 Sophie’s Girl friends
- Sky 20’s Sophie’s Fiancee
- Harry Bright mid-late 40’s May be Sophie’s Dad
- Bill Austin mid-late 40’s May be Sophie’s Dad
- Sam Carmichael mid-late 40’s May be Sophie’s Dad
- Pepper 20s Barman at Taverna
- Eddie 20s
- Father Alexandrios Any age
Chorus : Male and female. Variety of ages. Islanders who work at Donna’s, wedding guests.
Synopsis: A Romantic Comedy featuring music by Abba, set on a Mediterranean Island sparkling in the irridescent blue Aegean. Action takes place on the eve of Sophia’s wedding to Sky and the next day.
Music and Lyrics by Benny Anderson & Bjorn Ulvaeus and some songs with Stig Anderson.
Book by Catherine Johnson.