ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO NEST
By Dale Wasserman
Based on the novel by Ken Kesey
Directed by Matt Neal
Produced by Gaby Neal
- Monday, December 10 at 7:00pm
- Tuesday, December 11 at 7:00pm
The Creative Center at the Palace, 215 S. Third Street, Hamilton, OH 45011
- Please be prepared to read from the script. Director Matt Neal is seeking a diverse cast.
- Performers of all ethnicities, backgrounds, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, are encouraged to audition.
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO NEST will be performed February 14, 15, and 16 at 7:30pm and February 17 at 2:00pm. All performances take place at Parrish Auditorium on the Miami Hamilton Campus, 1601 University Blvd., Hamilton, OH 45011. This production is sponsored by Bud & Marie Brown, and is part of GHCT’s 60th Anniversary Season.
CAST OF CHARACTERS
- CHIEF BROMDEN – a patient Huge, bull-muscled, son of an Indian Chief. Diagnosed “deaf and dumb” by doctors.
- AIDE WARREN – Angry, brooding nurse under the thumb of Nurse Ratched.
- AIDE WILLIAMS – Hapless, clumsy nurse under the thumb of Nurse Ratched.
- NURSE RATCHED – The head of the hospital ward. Calm, calculated, menacing. Will have a choreographed fight scene.
- NURSE FLINN – Nurse Ratched’s right hand. Chaste, fearful, deeply religious employee of the ward.
- DALE HARDING – A patient. Extremely intelligent and witty exterior that hides a deep secret shame.
- BILLY BIBBIT – a patient with crippling insecurity, anxious, suicidal. Hampered by a severe stutter. ***Required to depict intimacy on stage.
- SCANLON – a patient. Paranoid, obsessive, unpredictable. A niche for explosives.
- CHESWICK – a patient. Eager and quick to pick a fight. Aggressively defiant yet cringing. A big baby.
- MARTINI – a patient . A little Italian man who lives in a world of delusional hallucinations.
- RUCKLY – a patient. A once strong bodied man now a “chronic” from a botched lobotomy.
- RANDLE P. MCMURPHY – a patient. A gambler, con man, and bareknuckle boxer. Extrovert, quick to
joke, always has a scheme. He serves as the dominant force challenging the establishment and the
ultimate savior of the victimized patients. ***Required to depict intimacy on stage.
- DR. SPIVEY – The head of mental institution. Stressed, distracted, and absent from hospital affairs.
- AIDE TURKLE – The overnight aide in the ward. Old, tired, and grumpy.
- CANDY STARR – A beautiful, carefree exotic dancer and old friend of McMurphy. ***Required to depict intimacy on stage.
- SANDRA – A big, earthy wench. Candy’s ride-or-die. ***Required to depict intimacy on stage.