Cincinnati Music Theatre is in search of qualified directors for the 2019-20 season.
Established in 1963, Cincinnati Music Theatre has a long and proud history of presenting popular, large-scale, award-winning musicals to enthusiastic audiences from across the Greater Cincinnati area. An all-volunteer group, each season CMT presents two large- or medium-scale musicals in the Jarson-Kaplan Theatre at the Aronoff Center for the Arts, and now an exciting new three-show Studio Series, performing in the Aronoff Center’s Fifth Third Bank Theatre.
We are seeking directors for three Studio Series shows and for the Spring 2020 mainstage production. (Please note that the Fall 2019 mainstage show and director have been selected.) CMT mainstage shows are large- or medium-scale, fully-produced musicals; the Studio Series is intended for cabaret, revue, and small-scale musicals with little to no set or tech requirements.
Interested directors should submit the following information:
- Name and contact information
- Theatrical experience and/or resume
- For each production you are interested in directing, please give the following:
- Application for Mainstage or Studio Series?
- Show title and creators
- Licensing entity
- Cast requirements
- Production requirements (sets/costumes/props etc.)
- Do you have staff or tech people you’ve asked (or plan to ask) to work on this production?
- A brief synopsis
- Your vision for the production
- What challenges do you see with this show? How do you plan to meet them?
- Why is this show a good choice for CMT’s 2019-20 season?
Please send the above information by November 19, 2018 to VP Creative Kendra Struthers at email@example.com.
Finalists will be invited to present their show(s) to the Creative Committee and CMT board at the board meeting on Sunday evening, December 9, 2018. If you are not available at that time, Kendra will present for you.
More information about CMT can be found at our website (cincinnatimusictheatre.org).
Please note that CMT is an all-volunteer group, and there is no compensation for staff, actors, tech, or musicians.