Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Finance Manager
The Finance Manager will oversee all financial operations for the Playhouse, is a member of Senior Staff, and reports directly to the Artistic and Managing Directors. The Finance Manager is a full-time, exempt position with benefits.
- Oversee all financial operations for the Playhouse including all accounting and cash management.
- Maintain general ledger and permanent and restricted asset schedules.
- Manage all internal and external financial reporting including monthly financial statements, annual statements for the audit, and all necessary grant proposal and reporting.
- Work with Managing Director to create annual operating budget and monthly financial projections.
- Establish and revise as necessary all accounting procedures.
- Serve as the principal liaison for Endowment Fund managers.
- Supervise one full-time finance associate and one full-time receptionist.
- Provide oversight of the IT Department, supervision of one full-time IT employee, and serve as liaison with the outside managed services company.
- Serve as staff representative on the Board’s Finance Committee and serve as principal liaison for the Board’s Audit Committee.
- Responsible for gathering and reporting data for the annual audit.
- Assist auditors in completion of the annual 990 return.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting or equivalent professional experience required, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of finance experience in not-for-profit accounting required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook required.
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Accounting, Tessitura, FRX, and Adaptive Insights preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational and analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with competing demands while maintaining commitment to excellence.
- Must be able to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements and exercise good judgment.
- Experience with capital campaigns a plus.
- An appreciation for the performing arts and theater in particular is preferred.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and occasionally stoop or kneel.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- This position is partially sedentary, and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
Human Resources Manager
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt. Adams Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45202
No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply: October 26, 2018