Level – Undisclosed
Job Location – Memorial Hall – Cincinnati, OH
Position Type – Part Time
Education Level – Not Specified
Salary Range – $10.00 – $10.00 Hourly
Travel Percentage – None
Job Shift – Undisclosed
Job Category – Customer Service
Reporting to the Event Lead and Memorial Hall Box Office Manager, the Box Office Customer Service Representative (CSR-Box) assists the Memorial Hall Management Team in facilitating ticketed events in 3CDC managed civic space, Memorial Hall. During ticketed events, the Box Office CSR will execute will-call and door sales, troubleshoot ticketing issues, and work alongside additional box office staff. CSRs are integral to our success at supplying a quality experience to each and every visitor to our public spaces. The CSR is also responsible for adhering to company policies to maximize sales and minimize error, allowing the public spaces to meet their revenue goals. This is an hourly seasonal position.
The CSR-Event is responsible for working with the 3CDC staff to (1) provide top level customer service to all visitors within our civic spaces and entertainment districts. (2) achieve a mission of “class A” physical maintenance of our civic spaces and entertainment districts, and (3) ensure safety for the residents and patrons of our civic spaces and entertainment districts.
- Ensure each patron at our events has an enjoyable and safe visit by tending to all needs as directed by supervisors and coordinators.
- Interact with patrons during an event as well as resolve issues over the phone.
- Deliver quality customer service experiences by appropriately addressing patron needs to increase guest satisfaction.
- Operate the ticketing system and follow all procedures for will call and door sales.
- Follow all loss prevention and cash handling policies and procedures, including completing transactions, making change, counting tills, securing cash and currency, and completing daily paperwork.
- Box Office experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, primarily evenings & weekends
- Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally interact with peers, supervisors and the public. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external).
- Cash-handling experience preferred.
- Theater or performance experience a bonus.
- Sense of initiative with a desire to become truly involved in the operations and programming of Memorial Hall.
- Ability to work flexible hours, understanding some shifts will be less than 4 hours and event-based. Some weeks will have an estimated workload of 12 hours while others may be only 2 hours.
Licenses, Credentials, Certifications:
Skills or specialized knowledge (examples below):
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Ability to remain, efficient, positive and professional when handling large crowds or under pressure.
- Job requires lifting 25lbs. (e.g. beer cases, bags of ice, bags of salt) and at least 8 hours on one’s feet.
- Additional mental requirements: compare, decide direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, and interpret.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.