EUNICE: STAR AND CLAY, an original work co-produced by the Theatre, Dance, and Performance Technology Program and OFP Theatre & Productions, recipient of the Ohio Governor’s Award for the Arts 2018.
Seeking professional actors for this Non-Union Paid Poetic Drama/Musical production at the University of Dayton Boll Theatre.
Mon, Sept. 24 from 7-10pm
University of Dayton Theatre, Dance, and Performance Technology Program
300 College Park, Dayton, Ohio 45469
- Please prepare a song and bring sheet music for accompanist if planning to audition for the role of Eunice/Nina or another part that indicates singing (see below).
- Readings from the script will be used for the audition, no prepared monologue is necessary.
- Resume and headshot welcomed but not required.
- If you are unable to arrive at 7pm, please email the stage manager, Alexa Denney, to indicate your arrival time: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 22-Nov 18 Evening rehearsals TBD
Nov 19, 20 Tech part 1
Nov 26-29 Tech part 2
Nov 30. and Dec 1 @ 8pm
A riveting poetic musical about the Black activist, classically trained pianist and High Priestess of Soul being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Born Eunice Waymon, Nina Simone captures the spirit of her heritage, womanhood, racial oppression and the Black Arts Movement through her global musical platform. This original production honors Nina Simone’s legacy while imagining her artistic and activist responses to the current movement.
- Eunice/ Nina Simone: African American woman, 30’s, Singer, & Musician
- Sam Waymon: African American man, mid-20’s, Eunice’s brother/road manager/musician
- James Baldwin: African American man, late 30’s-early 40’s, writer, activist, friend to Eunice
- Andrew Stroud: Mixed race/multiracial, early 40’s, Eunice’s husband, manager, singer
- Flight Passenger: African American woman, 50+
- Visual Artist: African American woman, 50+
- 2 Singers, open gender, 18+
- 2 Poets/Spoken Word Artists, open gender, 18+
For Questions, please contact: Sierra Leone of email@example.com 937-241-4957 & Michelle Hayford firstname.lastname@example.org 937-229-3950