Loveland Stage Company is looking for a few more dancers and singers for MEMPHIS, THE MUSICAL. From the underground dance clubs of 1950’s Memphis, Tennessee, comes the Tony and Olivier Award-winning musical that bursts off the stage with explosive dancing, irresistible songs and a thrilling tale of fame and forbidden love. Come along on this incredible journey to the ends of the airwaves – filled with laughter, soaring emotion and roof-raising rock ‘n’ roll.
- Sunday, September 16, 2018 from 1:30 to 5:00
(Please arrive at 1:30 with a list of your conflicts from now until the performances)
*If you’re unable to attend on Sunday September 16th please send a video submission and conflicts to Memphisatloveland@gmail.com before September 16th.
- Be prepared to sing so our Vocal Director can determine your range and vocal ability
- Bring appropriate shoes and attire to dance
- Please be aware this show contains strong language.
Questions? Please contact Loveland Stage Company at Memphisatloveland@gmail.com.
Show Dates: November 2018: 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18
Friday & Saturday evening shows are at 7:30 pm
Sunday Matinees are at 3:00 pm
Director: Liz Olekas
Vocal Director: Jon Scheiding
Producers: Jonathan Eckman and Tom Cavano
Choreographers: Margory Clegg and David Choate
We’re looking to cast the following roles for the show, a list of role descriptions are available below:
- Wailin’ Jo – (Dancer/ Singer African American Male, 20-40): Wailin Jo sings “Scratch My Itch and is featured in both Acts as an over the top performer who gets everyone dancing in the record store. Vocal range: tenor voice, Eb3- Gb5.
- Beale Street Dancer-Singers/ Teens- (African American Males and Females, 16-30 . Athletic dancers who sing. Gymnastic skills is a plus but not required.
- Teen Dancer-Singer/ DJ – (Caucasian Male, 16-30): Athletic dancer who sings. Gymnastic skills is a plus but not required.