CenterStage Players announces auditions for their annual Christmas show!
MADELINE’S CHRISTMAS by Ludwig Bemelmans
When: Monday, Oct. 1 at 6:30pm
Monday and Wednesday, Sept 24 and 26, 2018 6:30-8:30pm
Call backs Thursday Sept. 27 (if necessary)
Location: Lockland High School Auditorium, 249 W. Forrer Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45215
Performance dates: Dec. 6, & 7 @ 7:30pm Saturday Dec. 8 @ 2pm and 7:30pm and Sunday Dec. 9 @ 2pm.
Rehearsals will start in Oct.
Please come prepared to sing 16 bars of an appropriate song, do a cold read from the script and learn a short dance combination.
If there are any questions, please contact the assistant director, Becky Coots, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-653-5049. Show information, including character descriptions, can be found at http://www.centerstageplayersinc.com/auditions.html.
Please be advised that there is construction on Forrer, north of the building and the road is closed. You should exit I-75 at Exit 12.
- From Southbound I-75: Take exit 12 – turn right off the exit, right again at the light onto E. Wyoming Ave and then take the first left onto Forrer.
- From Northbound I-75: Take exit 12 – turn left onto Davis St, right onto Central Ave, left onto E. Wyoming Ave and then right onto Forrer.
- Park in the large parking lot and proceed to the steps to enter through Door #10.
In an old house in Paris
That was covered in Vines
Lived twelve little girls
In two straight lines.
They left the house at half-past nine
In two straight lines, in rain or shine
The smallest one was named MADELINE.
Based on the book from the beloved children’s Madeline series by Ludwig Bemelmans, this delightful play with music is a fantastic way to bring in your holiday season. Miss Clavel takes the 12 little girls on their morning walk. They go to the zoo and then back to school for their French history lesson. Suddenly disaster strikes when everyone gets the flu! Everyone that is, except the ever-resilient Madeline. Saddened that they may not be able to go home for Christmas, the girls and Miss Clavel take to their beds. But on Christmas Eve, the adventure begins when there is a knock at the front door. Expecting to see Santa, Madeline meets the rug merchant who has brought 12 very special rugs. He reminds Madeline that Christmas is the time of miracles, and that these are not ordinary rugs! Soon everyone wakes up feeling heathy. The rug merchant shows them that they each have a magic carpet and that they can fly home to be with their families for Christmas!
- Miss Clavel – nurse, female
- Mrs. Murphy – the housekeeper, female
- Mr. Brun – the French teacher, male
- Harshaa.- the rug merchant/magician (actors auditioning for this role must be willing to learn a few simple magic tricks)
- Martin/Marta the Mouse – non-speaking (but not silent)
“To make the impossible possible, the possible easy, and the easy elegant.” Moshe Feldenkrais.