TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre – We welcome over 102,000 children, teachers, and family members from across the Tri-State, to one of our four family-friendly and professional musical theater productions at the historic Taft.
- TCT On Tour – We see over 83,000 children and their families at one of our touring performances or during an arts-integration workshop or residency.
- TCT Academy – Over 1,200 children will be provided fine arts instruction, including the group that participates in the four-week intensive summer NKU STAR Intensive and three-week STAR Red Bank program where we offer professional musical theatre training to some of the region’s most talented youth.
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theater in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theater to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
TCT is seeking contracted teaching artists in the areas of Musical Theatre/Dance, Vocal Music and Acting to teach classes during our fall and winter/spring seven and fifteen-week Academy sessions.
- Teaching multiple classes within your performance discipline at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Following, and assisting with developing/revising, existing lesson plan curricula.
- Conducting student assessments, following an established rubric, for distribution to parents at the end of a class session.
- Use of class registration system (Active Network) to communicate with parents/students in your classes.
- Ordering and maintaining supplies needed for your classes while keeping to an established budget.
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
The ideal candidate holds a BFA in a performing arts field, and possesses the passion to educate, engage and build the next generation of performing artists. A High School Diploma or GED and 3-5 years of theatrical teaching experience is required at a minimum.
Must possess the ability to connect with young audiences and students to teach valuable lessons pertaining to the performing arts. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
DIRECTIONS TO APPLY:
Please send your: Cover Letter, Resume, and Letters of Reference to: email@example.com with the Subject Line: ACADEMY TEACHING ARTIST APPLICANT