Music and Lyrics by Adam Gwon
Directed by Jacqlyn Schott
Music Direction by Ron Attreau
Wed, July 25 from 7-9:30pm
From one of musical theatre’s most exciting new composers comes ORDINARY DAYS, a refreshingly honest and funny musical about making real connections in the city that never sleeps (but probably should at some point.) ORDINARY DAYS tells the story of four young New Yorkers whose lives intersect as they search for fulfillment, happiness, love and cabs. Through a score of vibrant and memorable songs, their experiences ring startlingly true to life. ORDINARY DAYS is an original musical for anyone who’s ever struggled to appreciate the simple things in a complex place. With equal doses of humor and poignancy, it celebrates how 8.3 million individual stories combine in unexpected ways to make New York City such a unique and extraordinary home.
Performances will be held at The Arts Center at Dunham August 30th- September 2nd
8pm August 30th, 31st & September 1st and 3pm September 1st and 2nd 2018
**Video Submissions will be accepted… please email them to INNOVAauditions@gmail.com.
- Claire is in her 30’s and is embarking on a new stage of her life with boyfriend Jason. The decision to share an apartment is the catalyst for Claire to face her past. Her cathartic “I’ll Be Here” provides the audience the final clue to her arc.
Required vocal range: Soprano
- Jason is in his 30’s and is the boyfriend of Claire. A romantic at heart, he spends the bulk of the musical attempting to further his relationship, at first by moving in (“The Spaces Between”) and then by proposing. Claire consistently resists his attempts leading to the central conflict of their story arc (“Fine”).
equired vocal range: Tenor
- In her mid twenties, Deb is a cynical and defensive grad student who is struggling to find focus in her life. She meets struggling artist Warren when he finds her thesis notes in the street.
Required vocal range: Mezzo
- The cheerful and sometimes annoyingly optimistic Warren sees beauty in the simple things in life, delivering the musical’s message and final number (“Beautiful”).
Required vocal range: Tenor
Auditions and all performances will be held at The Arts Center at Dunham
1945 Dunham Way, Cincinnati, OH 45238
To select an audition time please follow the link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080e4badad29a2fa7-ordinary
Hello, lovely people! This is your director speaking. Here are the requirements/requests for auditions as well as some general audition and important info:
- 16-32 bars of a Broadway-style song that showcases your vocal range.
- Sheet music in the proper key with cuts marked. An accompanist will be provided (no CDs, tapes, or a cappella numbers, please. The show is done with only piano and so it would best serve you and us to hear you that way in auditions).
- Resume and/or headshot, if you have it.
WALK-INS ARE WELCOME!!!! And will be seen at the next available opportunity.
There will NOT be a dance audition or cold-readings. The show is completely sung through without dialogue and has no dance numbers.
Auditions will be individual auditions in front of the director and some production staff. It will include singing your selection and vocalization for your range.
Just because we are accepting video auditions, that does not mean we would prefer them to actually being able to see you in person. If you can make it to auditions, that would be preferred. However, if you can’t, that is what the video audition is for 🙂
This show will be done with a three week music rehearsal period–this includes tech week. Those cast in the show will receive their copy of the score immediately after the cast list posting in order to get as much of a head start on the material as they so choose to be the most ready for performance time. There WILL be dedicated rehearsals to learning the music, but as this show is largely solos, it is expected for the performers to work on the music outside of rehearsals. This is also why the first two weeks the performers will be able to meet with the director to go over character, general blocking ideas, etc before everyone hits the ground running.
On a lighter note…There are water fountains in the building, so if you’re someone who is a fish or forgets their water bottle, no worries ❤
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me (Jacqlyn Schott).
Love you all already and can’t wait to see you! Looking forward to a very difficult decision ❤