The Cincinnati Arts Association seeks a Production Technician to join our team at our Aronoff Center for the Arts location. The Production Technician works in conjunction with the Technical Director to coordinate needs for events held in the Jarson-Kaplan and Fifth Third Bank Theaters; and supports productions in the Procter & Gamble Hall (Aronoff Center for the Arts).
The Production Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain technical readiness of stages and support areas
- Coordinate with the Technical Director and events staff on needs of shows
- Shares responsibility with other technical staff members for maintaining equipment
- Ensures compliance with backstage safety and cleanliness policies
- Educates, evaluates and oversees production personnel (local union and outside production) on proper operation and use of equipment
- Represents the venue as a liaison and guide to outside productions
- Serves as running crew on shows as needed
- Works at special negotiated rate for designated
The successful candidate will have a basic understanding of theatrical stage components including sound equipment, lighting equipment, rigging, staging equipment, etc. Strong theatrical design and coaching abilities are a plus. The desired candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to exercise good judgment independently. The desired candidate also will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; a high level of organization and attention to accuracy; ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while promoting patience and flexibility; will be able to multi-task and meet time sensitive deadlines; have schedule flexibility (work on nights and weekends will be required); and the ability to regularly exert physical effort in work involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, carrying, crawling, and pushing/pulling of objects.
Applications will be accepted via email only at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
To apply, please send a resume (2 pages maximum) as one complete PDF file (Word documents will not be accepted).
Applications will be accepted until 5:00p.m. EST on Thursday, June 28, 2018, by the IATSE Local 5 office. Those applicants endorsed by IATSE Local 5 will be forwarded to CAA for consideration. Applicants will not be contacted individually to confirm receipt of application materials. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Applications will be kept confidential. Candidates will be scheduled for interviews during the weeks of July 9 or July 16, 2018.