Producer – Kurt Percy
Director – Cherie Cooper-Darragh
We will be holding auditions for our fall production, BOEING, BOEING, on:
- Sat. June 23, at noon, and
- Sun. June 24, at 5pm
Actors will cold read scenes from the provided script. Actors must notify the production team at the time of audition of any conflicts the actor may have from Aug. 1 through the performances. No other preparation is necessary.
Rehearsals will begin Aug. 5. Performances will be Sep. 21-23 and 28-30.
Synopsis & Roles
Revived on Broadway in 2007 in a Tony-winning production, this 1960’s French farce (adapted for the English-speaking stage) features self-styled Parisian lothario Bernard (an American), who has Italian, German, and American fiancées, each beautiful airline hostesses with frequent “layovers.” He keeps “one up, one down, and one pending” until unexpected schedule changes bring all three to Paris, and Bernard’s apartment, at the same time.
- BERNARD……….(male) an American bachelor living in Paris
- GLORIA……….(female) an American air hostess
- GABRIELLA……….(female) an Italian* air hostess
- GRETCHEN……….(female) a German* air hostess
- BERTHE……….(female) Bernard’s French* housekeeper
- ROBERT……….(male) an American friend of Bernard’s
Age range is mid 20s through 30s for air hostesses, 30s to early 40s for men; Berthe can be older.
*See below the audition notice on their official site, for a resource on learning accents.