Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Costume Technician/Shop Assistant
Reports to: Costume Shop Manager
Position Responsibilities include:
- Costume construction.
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of costume stock, shop equipment, and inventory.
- Aid the Cutter/Draper and First Hand (cutting, truing alteration markings, assist in fittings when needed).
- Minimum of three years professional experience in a similar position (preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fabric preparation.
- Ability to cut basic patterns from fabric.
- Truing of alteration markings.
- Minor machine maintenance (rethreading, cleaning, and minor parts replacement).
- Simple patterning (from existing garments, for simple shapes, or resizing from existing patterns).
- Basic time management.
- Execute fitting notes independently.
- Basic computer skills required, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and email.
- Familiarity with domestic cover stitch machine, preferred but not required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The position also requires the ability to frequently stand, walk, sit, and climb a ladder. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time seasonal hourly position. Benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid time off, and 401k and 403b pension plans. Position begins mid- late July 2018.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
Costume Shop Manager
No phone calls, please.