SATURDAY, MARCH 31, 2018 12:00 (NOON)-5:00
Please email Mike King at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Directed by Dee Anne Bryll
Musical Direction by Jacob Priddy
Rehearsals begin Monday. May 14, 2018.
Shows runs June 6-24, 2018
- Prepare two songs that showcase vocal range in the style of the 1950s–60s.
- Headshot and resume required.
SH-BOOM! Take another trip to Springfield and meet Denny and the Dreamers, a fledgling doo-wop singing group preparing to enter the Big Whopper Radio contest to realize their dreams of making it to the big time! Trouble comes in the form of Lois, who arrives to put some polish on the boys. Denny falls in love, Wally falls in line, Eugene falls apart, and along comes handsome heartthrob Skip to send the whole situation spinning. The ’60s hits say it all: “Fools Fall in Love,” “Tears on My Pillow,” “Runaround Sue,” “Earth Angel,” “Stay,” “Unchained Melody,” “Lonely Teardrops,” and “The Glory of Love.” Winner of the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Best Musical Award, Life Could Be a Dream will leave you laughing, singing, and cheering—let’s hear it for the boys!
- Denny Varney (Vocal Range: Tenor C3–Ab 4; Falsetto to D5) Playing age 20-30
- Eugene Johnson (Vocal Range: Tenor C3–A4; Falsetto to A5) Playing age 20-30
- Wally Patton (Vocal Range: Bass/Baritone F2–G4; Falsetto to D5) Playing age 20-30
- Skip Henderson (Vocal Range: Bass/Baritone Ab 2–G4; Falsetto to Eb 5) Playing age 20-30
- Lois Franklin (Vocal Range: G3–F5) Playing age 20-30