THE CANTERVIILLE GHOST at Beechmont Players
(A play by Marisha Chamberlain, based on the story by Oscar Wilde)
Directed by Steve Phelan
Produced by Cathy Roesener
A no-nonsense American family buys a 500-year-old mansion in rural England, scoffing at warnings of a fierce resident ghost. The spirited (and skeptical) Americans – Mother, Father, young Virginia, and her mischievous little twin brothers – find their match in the equally spirited and clever ghost, who is determined to scare them away. Will they go, or will the ghost?
Auditions: Sunday, April 8th at 7:00pm and Monday, April 9th at 7:00pm
Cherry Grove Methodist Church, 1428 Eight Mile Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45255
Production: Six performances July 27-August 4, 2018 at the Anderson Center Theater, 7850 Five Mile Road in Anderson Township
Rehearsals will begin the week of May 14th and will scheduled according to cast availability.
Audition will consist of cold readings from the script.
- OSCAR WILDE (the narrator) age 30-50. May double with ghost.
- LORD CANTERVILLE (former owner of Canterville Chase) older
- HIRAM B. OTIS (Father of the American Family) age 40-50
- LUCRETIA TAPPAN OTIS (Hiram’s wife) age 35-50
- VIRGINIA OTIS (Hiram & Lucretia’s daughter) age 15
- CHIP OTIS (Hiram & Lucretia’s other son) age 9-11
- CHARLIE OTIS (Hiram & Lucretia’s other son) age 9-11
- THE DUKE OF CHESHIRE (Virginia’s admirer) age 16
- MRS. UMNEY (the English housekeeper) older
- THE CANTERVILLE GHOST (Simon de Canterville)
Questions? Email the director at email@example.com