Auditions are Wed/Thursday December 27/28. 7pm at the theatre.
Production dates are Thurs-Sunday, Feb 15-15/22-25.
FOXFIRE was a Tony-nominated hit of the 1982-83 Broadway season and is a look at life in the mountains of NE Georgia. The main story revolves around Annie and Hector Nations, their son Dillard, and the decision to leave or to stay on the mountain that the family has called home for 3 generations. Although it is not a traditional musical, live music in the play is an important production element.
The roles of Annie and Hector have been cast.
We are looking to fill the following roles:
- Dillard Nations – 30-40 year old male. Semi-successful country musician. MUST be able to sing and play acoustic bluegrass guitar. Ability to act would be nice, too.
- Prince Carpenter – 30-40 real estate salesman. Not slimy or underhanded, but persistent and profit-motivated. Open to non-traditional casting. Ability to play a bluegrass instrument is a plus.
- Holly Burrell – early to 20s. Mountain girl who has gone off to college and is now back to teach in the local school. Open to non-traditional casting. Ability to play a bluegrass instrument is a plus.
- The Nameless Doctor – 50+ (probably). Kindly but gruff local doctor. Kind of a cross between “House”, “Marcus Welby”, and “Floyd the Barber”. Ability to play a bluegrass instrument is a plus.
- Also looking for a few instrumentalists to be part of Dillard’s back-up group. NO ACTING REQUIRED.
Please bring a resume, if you have one, and a list of ALL conflicts between Jan. 2-Feb 25 (including weekends).