The Drama Workshop announces auditions for the May 2018 production of THE STING.
- Monday, 10/16 – 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, 10/21 – 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, 10/24 – 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Based on the 1973 film, THE STING comes to the Glenmore Playhouse stage! The strains of jazz, swing and stride spill from every bar and fill the airwaves of Chicago. It’s 1936 and confidence trickster Johnny Hooker is set on revenge for the murder of his friend by powerful and dangerous mobster, Doyle Lonnegan. Teaming up with the greatest con artist of them all, Henry Gondorff, together they plot to pull off The Sting, an outrageous and elaborate con trick designed to rob Lonnegan of his fortune.
Auditions will be held at The Glenmore Playhouse, 3716 Glenmore Ave, Cheviot, OH 45211 on:
- Monday, October 16th – Doors will open at 6:30pm, and auditions will
begin promptly at 7pm
- Saturday, October 21st – Doors will open at 12:30pm, and auditions will
begin promptly at 1pm
- Tuesday, October 24th – Doors will open at 6:30pm, and auditions will
begin promptly at 7pm
Callbacks (if needed) will be scheduled based on performer availability
With 56 characters, director Fred Hunt is looking to cast many multi-talented performers. Opportunities abound for gamblers, con men (and women), FBI agents, show girls and other assorted cameo roles for a cast of talented performers diverse in appearance and age. Many performers will likely be cast in multiple roles. A cameo role for a young girl is also available.
Please bring conflict information for the period of January 15, 2018 through May 20, 2018.
Show dates are May 4 through May 20, 2018.
Performances are Friday and Saturday evenings at 8 pm, Sunday afternoon at 2 pm.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. No appointment necessary, auditions will be conducted in approximate order of arrival.
Headshots and resumes are appreciated but not required.
- JOHNNY HOOKER – Male – a younger grifter
- HENRY GONDORFF – Male – a seasoned con man
- DOYLE LONNAGEN – Male – a shady business man
- MRS. VANDERKIEFT – Female – a mature woman who shares the story
- CYNTHIA HASTINGS – Female – a writer interviewing Mrs. Vanderkieft
- SNYDER – Male -a hard-boiled detective from Joliet
- BILLIE – Female – the owner of a Chicago dance hall
- KID TWIST – Male – older veteran con man working the Sting
- IVY NILES – Female – veteran con woman working The Sting
- J. J. SINGLETON – Male – veteran fast talking con man and con aficionado