Centerstage Players and director Marcha Hunley announce auditions for TO GILLIAN ON HER 37th BIRTHDAY by Michael Brady at CenterStage Players in Lockland.
Mon-Tue, Feb. 26-27 from 7-9pm
Lockland High School, 249 W Forrer, Cincinnati, OH 45215
You can complete the audition form online until Feb. 23 at https://goo.gl/forms/maBisJFUF9Gc6kbo1.
Walk-ins are welcome, please bring a copy of your acting resume.
Rehearsals are April 16 – May 31 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30-10pm
Performance dates are June 1-3 and June 7-9, 2018 .
David loves his wife, Gillian. Unfortunately, she died two years ago. David has not dealt with his grief and continues his relationship with Gillian during talks with her “ghost” on the beach at night. His daughter Rachel, sister in law Esther and her husband Paul come for a visit and bring an unexpected guest – a woman who might be interested in David, on the very weekend that would have been Gilllian’s 37th birthday. The play is an examination of grief, love and moving on. It is a bittersweet comedy.
Several of the characters have very specific ages that are clearly expressed in the script. So actors who look stage age appropriate is very important.
- David – age 37, college professor temporarily retired.
- Rachel – age 16, David’s daughter
- Cindy – age 16, Rachel’s friend
- Paul – age 38, David’s brother-in-law, married to Esther
- Esther – age 39, David’s sister-in-law, a psychologist, married to Paul
- Kevin – age 28, female, friend of Paul and Esther, recently divorced
- Gillian – age 35, David’s former wife who died in a sailing accident two years prior to the events of the play; Esther’s sister, Rachel’s mom.