Kincaid Regional Theatre in Falmouth, KY (45-50 minutes from Northern Kentucky) announces auditions for this season’s Christmas show, I’LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS. With a backdrop of the early 1940s, the show is a musical set in the magic of radio days, as the nation was struggling to come out of the Great Depression and facing the certainty of World War II. The show addresses timeless family challenges while mixing in the high-spirited, madcap behavior of early 1940’s entertainment.
This is a paid production. No roles have been pre-cast.
Auditions by appointment. Walk-ins will be seen in the next available slot.
Friday, September 22: 5–10 PM at Grants Lick Baptist Church, 941 Clay Ridge Rd, Alexandria, KY 41001
Saturday, September 23: 5:30 – 10 PM at Thomas More College Theatre, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Callbacks will be Sunday, September 24 from 3 – 7 PM, place TBD.
To schedule a time slot, please go to www.SignUpGenius.com/go/70A054FACA82BA64-auditions
What to prepare:
- Resume and headshot are required.
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a musical theatre song. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. A cappella auditions, or those with pre-recorded accompaniment, will not be considered.
- You may also be asked to read from the script.
- There will be a short movement audition during callbacks. Ballroom dancing a plus.
Rehearsals begin Friday, October 20. Performances December 1 – 3, 8 – 10, 15 – 17.
Directed by Curt Combs
Assistant Directed by Aimee Zimmer
Roles available (do not need to be actual ages, but need to be able to look the part):
- Howard (45-65) – wry, occasionally obstinate, but ultimately very wise patriarch.
- Norma (26-30) – older daughter of Howard, mother of Micky/Vera, single mother while husband is off to war
- Angie (18-26) – younger daughter of Howard, little sister who is impulsive, dramatic, but sensitive and loving
- Micky / Vera (boy or girl, 7-10) – son/daughter of Norma, inquisitive, adventurous, high-spirited
- Danny (any age) – clumsy, hapless mailman, charming
- Sid (25-65) – retired car salesman who lives downstairs, classic eccentric
- Lil (36-45) – building’s maintenance supervisor, no nonsense woman
- Jerry Brainerd (any age) – quintessential radio announcer, smooth, charismatic voice
- Stella (25-65) – radio personality and diva
- Frankie (18-30) – radio crooner with a smooth, velvet voice
- Olivia Orange (25-55) – quirky radio personality, a la Carmen Miranda
- Ricardo Fortsando (18-50) – radio voice who sings Italian arias (experience with Italian songs a plus)
- Men, Women and Teen Ensemble