Kincaid Regional Theatre
Announces Video Submissions for
MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET
Kincaid Regional Theatre located in Falmouth Kentucky is now accepting video submissions for the roles of Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash and Sam Phillips in the smash hit musical Million Dollar Quartet.
Million Dollar Quartet will begin rehearsals in Falmouth, Kentucky on June 11, 2023 and will run for three weeks, opening July 14th and closing July 30th, 2023. Kincaid Regional Theatre is a nonequity theatre. Compensation, travel and housing are provided.
MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET is the smash-hit musical inspired by the famed recording session that brought together rock ‘n’ roll icons Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins for the first and only time.
On December 4, 1956, these four young musicians gathered at Sun Records in Memphis for what would be one of the greatest jam sessions ever. MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET brings that legendary night to life, featuring a score of rock hits including “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Fever,” “That’s All Right,” “Sixteen Tons,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “Walk the Line,” “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On,” “Who Do You Love?,” “Matchbox,” “Folsom Prison Blues,” “Hound Dog” and more.
This thrilling musical brings you inside the recording studio with four major talents who came together as a red-hot rock ‘n’ roll band for one unforgettable night. Don’t miss your chance to be a fly on the wall of fame… at MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET!
MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET will be Directed by Katrina Ploof, Musical Direction by Philip King, Stage Managed by Bonita Pack and Produced by Brett Price.
- Carl Perkins, 24-35 — lead guitar player, the first poet of Rock ‘n’
- Elvis Presley, 21-28 — guitar player, the first and still undisputed
King of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
- Johnny Cash, 24-35 — guitar player, a giant of American music
at the dawn of his epic career.
- Sam Phillips, 33-45 — the father of Rock ‘n’ Roll and founder of
Sun Records; discovered Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Johnny
Cash, Carl Perkins, and many other, including Roy Orbison and
B.B. King. A towering and charismatic figure in American music.
Actor/musicians auditioning for the roles of Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, and Elvis Presley must be able to play guitar and sing.
Video submission requirements for these roles are as follows:
- CARL PERKINS – “Blue Suede Shoes” (Key: A major) prepare 2 complete verses/choruses and a solo guitar chorus
- JOHNNY CASH – “I Walk the Line” (Key: F major) prepare two complete verses (one must be sung in the lower octave)
- ELVIS PRESLEY – “Long Tall Sally” (Key: C major) prepare two complete verses/choruses and a solo guitar chorus
If needed, sheet music for these audition excerpts is available from firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: Auditionees will be expected to provide their own instrument for rehearsals and performances.
Actors auditioning for the role of Sam Phillips are not required to sing.
- SAM PHILLIPS – Actors submitting for the role of Sam Phillips should prepare two (2) short monologues from the play. If needed, monologues are available from email@example.com.
SEND VIDEO SUBMISSIONS, RESUME, & HEADSHOT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 8, 2023.
Official page |