A COUNTRY CHRISTMAS CAROL
Kincaid Regional Theatre
Seasons greetings from Marley County, USA, where folks don’t have a whole lot, but where everybody’s doing what they can to make the Christmas holiday crackle—except for one mean and miserly old coot who somehow misses the whole point. Ring a bell? It’s Dickens’ classic, dusted off and gussied up in a new country-western musical version. A Country Christmas Carol is ideal family holiday fare—fresh, engaging, often hilarious, and genuinely moving. It’s a timeless tale of redemption and reunion, community and family, the kind of story that was made for country music. The score would make Patsy Cline proud, with show stopping ballads and snappy two-steps sung by a feisty bunch who deal head-on with life’s joys and heartaches. All the characters are here—with some nifty variations: Banker Scrooge, the man with the worst case of Christmas blues ever; his secretary Bobbie Jo Cratchit, a young widow with two small children, Jane and Tim; his lovable ne’er-do-well nephew Dwight; Lavinia, a good-ol’-girl with big hair and an even bigger heart; plus some decidedly Country Christmas spirits. This is a down-home pleasure from start to finish.
- Fri-Sat, Dec. 9-10 at 7:30pm
- Sun, Dec. 11 at 2pm
- Fri-Sat, Dec. 16-17 at 7:30pm
- Sun, Dec. 18 at 2pm
Official page | Facebook event |
Registration and Audition Information is now open for the KRT Teens Production of DISNEY’S NEWSIES THE MUSICAL.
This multi-month educational opportunity allows the youth of our region to participate in professional quality theatrical productions while learning the many aspects of live theatre performance. These aspects include auditioning, the rehearsal process, character creation, stage presence, and design elements like costuming and prop creation.
Each production hosts almost three dozen participants with recent casts comprised of youth from Pendleton, Campbell, Bracken, Grant, and Harrison Counties.
Students ages 11-18 are eligible to participate.
Please visit www.krtshows.com/education for online registration forms and more information.
Students must attend at least one Audition Day.
- Audition Day 1: Tuesday, October 4th 4:30pm-6pm
- Audition Day 2: Wednesday, October 5th 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Callbacks: Thursday, October 6th 5:30pm-6:30pm
- 16 bar cut of an uptempo (Broadway) song
- 16 bar cut of a ballad (Broadway) song (a song that tells a story, and it can be dramatic, funny, or romantic; a slower song)
- Cold Reading of Script (actors will be asked to read/ perform a scene from the script assigned at auditions)
- Completed Audition Form (please come prepared with ALL schedule conflicts, conflicts do not necessarily diminish casting)
Performance dates: Feb. 17-25
AUDITIONS for A COUNTRY CHRISTMAS CAROL
Book by Ron Kaehler
Music by Albert Evans
Lyrics by Albert Evans and Ron Kaehler
No appointment needed.
Choose one of the following dates to attend:
- Monday, September 12th, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Wednesday, September 14th, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Men, women and children, ages 10 and up.
- Musicians who play guitar, banjo, harmonica, or piano.
- Prepare a one-minute monologue and a musical selection (preferably of the country genre or a Christmas Carol) that is 16-20 bars in length.
- Be prepared to read a selection from the script.
Rehearsals will begin September 21st with performances December 9th-11th, and 16th-18th.
Facebook event |
MIDDLE CLASS MOUNTAINEERS
Kincaid Regional Theatre
A group of middle class, suburbia friends decide to embark on a mountain vacation together. everyone, however, is not enthusiastic about the trip. some are concerned about the location and others are concerned about the attendees.
As they work together to plan the trip, they begin to share insights of their relationships and hope that the mountain retreat may help resolve some of their domestic concerns.
As the group settles into their peaceful mountain retreat, they begin to sense they may not be prepared to conquer the trials of nature. the local park ranger adds a layer of uncertainty as she takes an unusual interest in the group and emotions flair as the retreat becomes a mission to escape from the macinara mountains with both their relationships and lives still intact.
Content Advisory: As a service and to best inform our patrons as to content, we share the following note. Bear in mind that the question of what is or isn’t offensive is a subjective one, particularly when it comes to determining the appropriateness of plays for children.
The play is generally intended for adult audiences. No profanities are used, but there are handful of instances of innuendo. There are no depictions of smoking and drinking, nor violence, in the play. If you have any concerns about the play’s appropriateness, please reach out to us directly. Thank you!
- Fri, Sept. 2 at 7:30pm
- Sat, Sept. 3 at 2pm & 7:30pm
Facebook event |
Be a part of KRT’s annual haunted tale! Interested in sharing your talent both onstage and behind the stage?
Join us for auditions and crew interviews for THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW, Thursday, August 25, 2022 from 5:30-7pm at Kincaid Regional Theatre (208 Memory Drive, Falmouth, KY).
What to Prepare:
- Walk-ins are welcome! No reserved audition/interview time slots are required.
- Please sign-in and complete audition/interview forms upon arrival.
- Actors: Please prepare a 1 minute ghost story.
- Theatre resume and headshot encouraged.
- Seeking actors of all ages. Minimum age requirement of 6th grade.
- Video submissions are welcome. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7pm Thursday, August 25.
- Questions? Please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Performances October 27, 28, & 29, 2022 at 7:00 pm.