TriCounty Players and Milford Theatre Guilde announce auditions for their Fall collaboration, THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY by Ken Ludwig.
Directed by Bonnie Froelich, formerly with The Fort Findlay Playhouse.
Directing Assistant – Barb Russell / Producers – Linda Roll & Elizabeth Smith
Monday, August 7th and Wednesday, August 9th
7:00pm – 9:00pm
The Day Heights Memorial Firemen’s Building
1313 State Route 131 Milford, OH 45150
Cast 3 men and 3 women.
**Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script**
Please contact the director with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A tribute from Ken Ludwig to the great English farces of the 1930s and 1940s, The Fox On The Fairway takes audiences on a hilarious romp which pulls the rug out from underneath the stuffy denizens of a private country club. Filled with mistaken identities, slamming doors, and over-the-top romantic shenanigans, it’s a furiously paced comedy that recalls the Marx Brothers’ classics. A charmingly madcap adventure about love, life, and man’s eternal love affair with… golf.
Character descriptions are as follows. The ages listed are the stated ages of the characters, not necessarily the required age of the actors.
- HENRY BINGHAM (mid 40s): Director of the Quail Valley Country Club. He is witty and cynical at times, much like Basil Fawlty from Fawlty Towers. He gets into a high-stakes bet on a golf tournament and is determined to do what it takes to win. He is also unhappy in his marriage to Muriel and becomes involved with Pamela.
- PAMELA PEABODY (39): A member of the Quail Valley Country Club. She is very attractive and sophisticated, but a bit loose and a bit of a drinker. Throughout the play she aids Bingham in his plans to make sure their club wins.
- JUSTIN HICKS (25): Bingham’s new eager-to-please assistant who volunteers his services as a golfer to help Quail Valley win the golf tournament. He is romantically involved with Louise and proposes to her early on, but becomes emotionally distraught when things become difficult between them.
- LOUISE HEINDBEDDER (23): A waitress at the Quail Valley Country Club. She is very attractive, and a bit flighty, but studious. She gets engaged to Justin early on, but a mishap results in her becoming very upset over their future together, making her bawl at a moment’s notice.
- DICKIE BELL (mid 40s): The director of the rival Crouching Squirrel Country Club, with whom Bingham gets into a high-stakes bet. He is a bit obnoxious, including his fashion sense, but tries to come off as good-natured. He is Pamela’s ex and has a thing for Bingham’s wife Muriel.
- MURIEL BINGHAM (40s): Bingham’s wife, who runs an antique shop, which becomes part of the bet between Henry and Dickie. Generally overbearing and stern, she somehow has a soft spot for Dickie.