C.A.S.T. Students will present LES MISERABLES School Edition
The Commonwealth Artists Summer Theatre (C.A.S.T.), under the direction of Fort Thomas Independent Schools’ theatre instructor Jason Burgess, will present the Broadway hit LES MISERABLES School Edition, a musical by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg and based on the novel by Victor Hugo, for two weekends starting July 21. The cast and crew includes students from 19 area schools including Anderson High School, Newport Central Catholic, Cincinnati Country Day, Seven Hills, Highlands, School for Creative and Performing Arts, Covington Catholic, Wyoming High School and more.
C.A.S.T. is for students in the Greater Cincinnati area who range from incoming freshman to graduating seniors in high school. It was started with the idea of providing high school students a different avenue to being involved in a theatrical production and potentially master classes when schools are not in session. The program doesn’t just focus on acting in a production. The entire crew is made up of students including most of the designers for the different departments involved in creating a production. The ultimate goal is to open the doors of collaboration to students from different high schools in the Greater Cincinnati community to create and produce a show together and to establish new relationships and create new friendships.
LES MISERABLES School Edition is an epic and uplifting story about the survival of the human spirit. In nineteenth century France, Jean Valjean is released from years of unjust imprisonment, but finds nothing in store for him but mistrust and mistreatment. He breaks his parole in hopes of starting a new life, initiating a lifelong struggle for redemption as he is relentlessly pursued by police inspector Javert, who refuses to believe Valjean can change his ways. Finally, during the Paris student uprising of 1832, Javert must confront his ideals after Valjean spares his life and saves that of the student revolutionary who has captured the heart of Valjean’s adopted daughter.
About the Cast
- Jake Moses (Valjean) is a recent graduate of Seven Hills High School.
- Timothy Belton (Javert) is a student at Covington Catholic High School
- Payton Epperson (Marius) is a recent graduate of Highlands High School
- Maggie Seibert (Cosette) is a student at Highlands High School
- Savannah Slaby (Eponine) is a recent graduate of Highlands High School
- Noah Moore (Thenardier) is a recent graduate of Highlands High School
- Carly Shepherd (Madame Thenardier) is a student at Wyoming High School
The entire cast and crew list can be found at www.castnky.com
- Friday, July 21st, 7:30pm, Opening Night
- Saturday, July 22nd, 7:30pm
- Sunday, July 23rd, 2pm
- Friday, July 28th, 7:30pm
- Saturday, July 29th, 7:30pm
- Sunday, July 30th, 2pm, Closing Performance
Performing Arts Center
Highlands High School
2400 Memorial Parkway
Fort Thomas, KY
General Admission – $12
Tickets are RESERVED SEATING only. Purchase tickets in advance online at www.castnky.com. Remaining unreserved tickets may be purchased at the door one hour prior to each show.
LES MISERABLES School Edition is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com