TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through four primary programs:
- TCT MainStage – We welcome 107,000 children, teachers, and family members from across the region, to one of our four family-friendly and professional musical theatre productions at the historic Taft Theatre.
- TCT On Tour – We see over 47,000 children and their families at one of our touring performances or during an arts-integration workshop or residency.
- TCT Academy – Over 750 children will be provided fine arts instruction, including the group that participates in summer intensive STAR summer programs through which we offer professional musical theatre training to some of the region’s most talented youth.
- TCT Showtime Series – Our newest division, creating a premium theatrical experience in an intimate theatrical setting, located at our new facility on Red Bank Road.
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theater in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theater to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Resident Music Director/ Teaching Artist is part a team of production assistants in the TCT Resident Artist Company. Each Artist is responsible for the quality and success of assigned projects, and/or theatrical productions, including but not limited to MainStage, The Showtime Stage Series, TCT on Tour, TCT Academy, or special outreach projects. The Production Assistant, Artist teaches with the TCT Academy, as assigned. Depending on the Production Assistant project track for the season, the Production Assistant/Artist, may be asked to take on into a variety of creative and administrative duties as schedules would allow. The Production Assistants works closely with teachers, students, and the other members of the Production department, but each report directly to a different branch within the organization.
The Resident Music Director reports directly to the Producing Artistic Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying scripts for development in TCT Academy, TCT MainStage, TCT on Tour, and The Showtime Series.
- Developing and implementing new projects/events associated with TCT Divisions. (ie: Theatrical College Prep Convention)
- Working with Marketing Department to cultivate audience growth.
- Scouting potential for collaborations with other organizations or companies.
- Representing TCT at industry events.
- Teaching between 2-4 classes per session, unless excused to focus on a larger project.
- Acting as the Resident Music Director for the organization.
- Assisting with casting for musicals.
- Playing piano for auditions.
- Assisting TCT on Tour with production needs.
- Compose/arrange music.
- Create orchestrated tracks for new works.
A gifted collaborator with demonstrated ability to oversee projects. You must possess a high degree of integrity and transparency, a strong problem solver with a win/win attitude. We are seeking someone who is skilled at managing successful teams, with excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral. You must possess the ability to connect with young audiences and students to teach valuable lessons pertaining to the performing arts.
Must be able to compose and arrange music. Must be proficient in orchestrating tracks.
Full-time, Full Benefits
2 years of teaching experience, 2 years of project management experience.
To apply, please take the assessment test by July 5th, 2017 by visiting: