Announcing auditions for Inspiring Arts Productions’ summer musical
CRAZY FOR YOU!
A zany rich-boy-meets-hometown-girl romantic comedy, CRAZY FOR YOU® tells the story of young New York banker Bobby Child, who is sent to Deadrock, Nevada, to foreclose on a rundown theatre. In Deadrock, Bobby falls for spunky Polly Baker, the theater owner’s daughter. But Polly takes an instant dislike to the city slicker, so Bobby vows – through cunning, razzmatazz, and a hilarious case of mistaken identity – to win Polly’s heart and save the theatre. Memorable Gershwin tunes from the score include “I Got Rhythm,” “They Can’t Take That Away from Me,” “Embraceable You,” “But Not for Me,” “Nice Work if You Can Get It,” and “Someone to Watch Over Me.”
Performances: August 3-6, 2017
Location: Parrish Theater at Miami University (Hamilton campus)
1601 University Blvd
Hamilton, OH 45015
- Monday, 5/15
- Tuesday, 5/16
- Wednesday 5/17
All auditions and rehearsals will be held at Grace Chapel in Mason (406 4th Ave., Mason, OH 45040). Those auditioning must sign up for a time slot (link below). Auditions are open to anyone entering high school or college. Please arrive 15 minutes early to ensure your paperwork is complete. Please visit the website to print the audition form—bring the form filled out and signed by you and a parent.
You will need to come with a list of ALL known conflicts during rehearsal and performance times. THESE ARE REQUIRED ON EVERYONE’S FORM. These listed conflicts will be the only excused absences.
Photo and resume requested, but not required.
What to expect:
- Vocal audition: If auditioning for a lead, we prefer that you prepare a song from the show for that particular part. Learn the entire solo if possible. If auditioning for ensemble only, any show song that displays your voice well is fine. Be prepared to sing a cappella or with an accompaniment track (no voices.)
- Cold read from the script if you are auditioning for a speaking part.
- Dance audition for everyone. Please bring appropriate shoes/clothes. Bring tap shoes if you have them, otherwise hard-soled shoes.
List will be posted on Thursday, May 18th on www.inspiringartsproductions.com by 10am.
- Thursday, May 18: 3:30pm-9pm
- Friday May 19 afternoon (if needed)
- Saturday, May 20 morning (if needed)
Final cast list will be posted Monday, May 22 by noon at www.inspiringartsproductions.com.
Rehearsals will begin in late May/Early June.
Principles will be called 2-3 times per week. Ensemble will be called 1-2 times per week or more. During the two weeks before the show, anticipate rehearsal 3-4 times per week and Saturday. Specific days and times will be determined by cast availability.
- $70 participation fee
- 5 volunteer hours for each member of the cast (may be completed by family member)
- Each family volunteers in one pre-production committee and one production week committee.
- Each cast member is required to sell 12 tickets.
- 2 unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the show with no refund.
- Behavior requiring continual reprimands may also result in dismissal with no refund.