Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park seeks an Assistant Camp Coordinator for our 2017 Summer Theatre Day Camp.
The Assistant Camp Coordinator assists in facilitation of all aspects of the day to day of camp including; check-in and check-out, parent communication, materials and room prep, implementing the staff break plan, and class rotations. She/he is instrumental in creating and maintaining a positive and exciting camp environment. Ideal candidates have completed or are working towards a college degree, have experience working with children and are enthusiastic about summer camps. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain all paperwork including check-in/out sheets, name tags and group rosters for each week
- Direct parent communication during camp
- Assist daily check-in/out process
- Process and turn in all injury reports
- Prep classrooms each week
- Implement break and class rotation schedule
- Trouble shoot challenges as they come up
Training/Prep Time: May 29-June 9, 9:00am-1:00pm
Camp dates: June 12-July 1 and July 10-28
Mid camp prep week: July 7, 9:00am-5:00pm (Off July 3-6)
Pay Rate: $10/hour
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise students in the after-care program
- Oversee camper check-out every day
- Lead afternoon assembly with counselors
- Provide supervision during snack, breaks and lunch
- Assess behavioral issues and alert the appropriate staff member to get involved
- Cover in classes as needed
- Maintain a positive and team-focused atmosphere
- Close the building and rooms each evening
- Assist with lunch area set up each day and tear down
- Assist with staff and class rotation schedule
- Maintain parent communication throughout each week
- Clean up rooms at end of each day
- Organize the front of house logistics for showcase performances
- Create name tags, group rosters, group signs, etc. for each week
- Ensure check-in is ready for the next day’s camp
- Prep supplies for classes each week
- Oversee room turn over for each week
- Maintain daily schedule and camp staff board updates
- Other tasks as assigned
- Write up injury reports for students and turn in to the Education Coordinator
- Manage basic injury and ailment needs
- Clean up spills and mitigate any safety concerns as they arise
- Report potential issues to the Summer Camp Program Manager
- Experience working with children
- Experience with administrative processes preferred
- Currently attending college, graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree, or commensurate experience.
- Good email communication skills
- Experience with customer service
- Organized and able to solve problems quickly and positively
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- This position is partially sedentary and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
For more information, go to cincyplay.com and click on the Employment tab.
To apply: Please send a resume and three references to Daunielle Rasmussen, Director of Education and Community Engagement at Daunielle.email@example.com. No calls please.
Application Deadline: March 19, 2017