TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- MainStage at the Taft Theatre – We welcome 97,000 children, teachers, and family members from across the Tri-State, to one of our four family-friendly and professional musical theater productions at the historic Taft.
- TCT On Tour – We see over 60,000 children and their families at one of our touring performances or during an arts-integration workshop or residency.
- TCT Academy – Over 300 children will be provided fine arts instruction, including the group that participates in the four-week intensive summer NKU STAR Intensive where we offer professional musical theatre training to some of the region’s most talented youth.
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theater in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theater to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Ticketing Specialist will assist the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging our young audiences through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming.
The Ticketing Specialist of The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati (TCT) reports directly to the Box Office Manager and the Sales Director.
The Ticket Office Specialist shall be responsible for:
- Processing Season Ticket Orders.
- Selling Single Ticket Orders.
- Answering phone/email.
- Assisting customers at the Ticket Office in our Red Bank Road location and the Box Office window at the Taft Theatre during performance dates.
The Ticketing Specialist’s duties include assisting in all aspects of the ticket office, including but not limited to:
- Daily balancing of season and single ticket sales.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Process payments for season and single ticket accounts.
- All other duties and responsibilities related to the function of the ticket office as assigned.
In fulfilling his/her duties, the Ticketing Specialist will:
- Work closely with the Box Office Manager and Sales Director to fulfill the mission of TCT.
- Be an advocate for TCTC in the community.
- Consistently and accurately articulate the philosophy and policies of TCT to the staff, patrons, and general public.
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED, college education preferred.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Able to work irregular hours and weekends in addition to regular business hours.
- Prefer Ticketmaster selling experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full-time, hourly position.
- Health, vision and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period.
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available, after a waiting period, with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service.
- Generous PTO accrual based on years of service.
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
Please email resume by Friday, March 24, 2017 to: email@example.com.