JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH
Music and Lyrics by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
Book by Timothy Allen McDonald
Come be a part of this fresh and delightfully offbeat musical adaptation of Roald Dahl’s fantastical tale about a boy, his insect friends and their amazing journey across the ocean on a giant piece of fruit! With a wickedly tuneful score by the red-hot songwriting team of Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (Dear Evan Hansen, Dogfight, A Christmas Story the Musical, and movies La La Land and Trolls), and a fun and quirky book by Timothy Allen McDonald (Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka, The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, CEO of iTheatrics). It will be an exciting summer creating this musical “masterpeach!”
James ONLY Audition:
- Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 3-5pm
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 7-9pm
- Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 3-6pm
- Monday, April 10, 2017 at 7-10pm
- Wednesday April 12, 2017 at 7-10pm
Faith United Church of Christ
6886 Salem Road
Cincinnati, OH 45230
- August 4 – 12, 2017
- Directed by Fred Tacon
- Produced by Pam Kaesemeyer
- Choreographed by Dee Anne Bryll
- Music Direction by Charlie Wilhelm
- Vocal Direction by Sarah Mizelle
- You must sign up for an audition time slot at:
- Prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the style of (but not from) the show that best shows off your personality and vocal range.
- Please bring sheet music, well-marked and in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided.
- For James only, be prepared to sing “Middle of a Moment” in addition to your audition song. It doesn’t have to be memorized, you can use the sheet music. Please contact Fred Tacon at email@example.com for additional information about the James audition.
- The cast album is available for free at http://www.jatgp.com and on YouTube. Please listen to it, and fall in love with the music just like we have.
- You will be asked to read from the script.
- Note that there will not be a dance audition. However, dance and movement are a part of the show. Highlighting experience on your resume or audition form will be appreciated.
- Rehearsals will begin in mid-late May and will be determined by the availability of the cast. Please bring known conflicts from May 15th-August 13th.
- Resume and head shot are appreciated but not required.
- Contact Fred Tacon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- James (M) A lonely young boy
- Ladahlord (M) A strange and magical storyteller
- Spiker (F) James’ mean and nasty aunt
- Sponge (F) James’ other mean and nasty aunt
- Green Grasshopper (M) Fatherly to James
- Ladybug (F) Motherly to James
- Spider (F) Warm and friendly to James
- Earthworm (M) A bit of a scaredy-cat
- Centipede (M) Grumpy and hates humans
- Ensemble: Women and/or men who play a variety of characters
Character descriptions, ages, and vocal ranges can be found at http://www.mtishows.com/full-cast-info/1025. Part doubling in our production may differ from what is listed.
Note on Character Ages: Ideally, we would like to find a young boy to play James. But, because of the vocal demands of this role, we will consider ages from 7 to 15. All other roles are generally consistent with the MTI website. However, we will consider older teens (17-19) for the insects and ensemble.
Produced by special arrangement with Music Theatre International.
Beechmont Players, Inc.