EdTA Educational Events Administrator (temporary)
Job Title: Educational Events Administrator
Department: Educational Events
Supervisor: Director of Educational Events
FLSA Status: Temporary, non-exempt
Prepared By: HR Director
Prepared Date: 2/15/17
Approved By: Deputy Executive Director
Approved Date: 2/17/2017
The Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) is a professional organization for theatre education with over 100,000 members nationwide. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education by: Honoring student achievement in theatre and enriching their theatre education experience; Supporting teachers by providing professional development, networking opportunities, resources, and recognition; and Influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA operates the International Thespian Society (ITS), an honorary organization that has inducted more than 2 million theatre students since its founding in 1929.
- EdTA seeks a detail oriented resource to support the administration of the registration process for the International Thespian Festival.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the processing of more than 4000 event registrations.
- Confirm that all documents related to more than 4000 program registrants are complete and accurate.
- Manage aspects of the event registration help-desk, fielding calls and questions, to ensure that each registrant is properly registered and prepared to attend the event.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service – Puts the customer first at all times. Works to resolve customer issues in a friendly, thoughtful, timely manner.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language and Computer Skills
Ability to write effective, clear and coherent communications and express oneself verbally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with the MS Office Suite.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: HRManager@schooltheatre.org. Reference “Events Administrator Application” in subject line. No calls, please.
Preference given to applications received by March 3, 2017.