Mon-Tue, Feb. 6 & 7 at 7pm
Creative Center at the Palace – 215 S. Third St., Hamilton
April 26-29, 2017 at 8pm
April 30, 2017 at 2pm
Note from Director Rodney Neal:
Kids ages 8 and up are to audition with the adults. I will cast 5-10 kids as part of the ensemble. For question please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to prepare:
- Adults and children should prepare 1-2 min of a musical theatre style song.
- After singing, you may be asked to stay for the dance portion of the audition. Please be prepared and have appropriate footwear. If you have tap shoes, please bring them.
- Bring sheet music for the accompanist or sing with a CD. CD player with be provided.
- Bring a complete list of conflict dates from Feb 12th through April 13th. You may not have any conflicts April 16th to the end of the run without prior approval.
- Rehearsals are tentatively set to start Feb 12th at 6:30. We will rehearse Sunday’s at 6:30, and Monday and Wednesday’s at 7:00. We will add Thursday rehearsals starting March 23rd.
- Joe Boyd – A middle-aged, married man who is in love with baseball, especially the Senators.
- Joe Hardy – The 22-year-old, home run hitting alter ego of Joe Boyd.
- Mr. Applegate – The Devil in disguise as a slick salesman. A controlling, greedy smooth talker.
- Lola – The Devil’s seductress assistant. Sexy and confident.
- Meg Boyd – Joe’s long-suffering, but loyal wife.
- Van Buren – The luckless team manager. A sort of father-figure for the team, who proudly defends them.
- Gloria Thorpe – A probing reporter who’s bottom-line is a good story for her paper. Fearless and biting.
- Rocky – A baseball player for the Washington Senators. Cocky, but a little bit dopey, too. He’s a guy’s guy.
- Smokey – A catcher for the Washington Senators. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- Sohovik – A baseball player for the Washington Senators. The smartest and most level headed of the players. The unofficial leader of the team.
- Sister – A friend of Meg’s and Doris’s sister. Outspoken and brash, but caring.
- Doris – A friend of Meg’s.
- Mr. Welch – The owner of the Senators. Believes in Joe and believes in his team.
- Henry – A baseball player for the Washington Senators.
- Linville – A baseball player for the Washington Senators.
- Vernon – A baseball player for the Washington Senators.
- Mark – A baseball player for the Washington Senators.
Many other ensemble roles include Lynch, Bryant, Eddie, Bouley, Lowe, Mickey, Miss Weston, commissioner, Postmaster, guard, other ball player, baseball fans, singers and dancers.