The Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) is a professional organization for theatre education with over 100,000 members nationwide. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education by: Honoring student achievement in theatre and enriching their theatre education experience; Supporting teachers by providing professional development, networking opportunities, resources, and recognition; and Influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA operates the International Thespian Society (ITS), an honorary organization that has inducted over 2 million theatre students since its founding in 1929.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Support Specialist I
POSITION: EdTA seeks an Administrative Support Specialist I to support the many administrative, programmatic, event planning, and reporting needs of the association.
SKILLS DESIRED: Must be able to team with others as well as work independently, with minimal supervision, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, a clear communicator, forward thinking, creative, and imaginative. The ideal candidate has a customer first orientation. The ideal candidate should be execution-focused, able to roll up your sleeves and focus on the task at hand. The ideal candidate has experience with database management and the ability to be flexible in working with different technologies. Experience in the non-profit sector, theatre and/or education preferred.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager of Support Services
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
STARTING WAGE: Not Posted
The Support Specialist supports the Assistant Manager of Support Services in meeting the various administrative needs of several departments across the organization. Success in the role requires the ability to build relationships with staff and volunteers, an affinity toward data management, research, and some amount of event planning and support. The Support Specialist will be the lead on several projects that require great attention to detail.
- Assists in the production of reports to support organizational decision making.
- Creates tools to increase the efficiency of staff and supports the ability to be more productive for our membership.
- Participates in the execution of several key processes, such as event registration, scholarship application processing, and new business development.
- Assists in the support of the association’s volunteer leaders, as needed.
- Fulfills volunteer leader materials and information requests.
- Other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with event planning.
- High school level math skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in theatre is a plus.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
Please submit cover letter and résumé by email (Subject Line: EdTA Administrative Support Specialist I) to: HRManager@schooltheatre.org.
First consideration will be given to applications received by November 11.
No phone calls, please.
Educational Theatre Association
home of the International Thespian Society
2343 Auburn Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45219-2815
For #GivingTuesday honor your favorite theatre mentor with a gift in support of theatre education :https://www.schooltheatre.org/support/donate.