- Monday, November 7th – 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Tuesday, November 8th – 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Callbacks – Monday, November 14th – 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Location: 4101 Walton Creek Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227
Performance Dates: March 3rd – 19th
One of Neil Simon’s lesser-known comedies, THE STAR SPANGLED GIRL is the story of a hilarious love triangle between two life-long friends and (literally) the girl next door. It’s San Francisco in the late 1960s and the political climate is tense; Andy and Norman are radical liberals struggling to make a living through their political magazine “Fallout”. Sophie, an aspiring Olympic swimmer, and as American as apple pie, moves into their building and captures Norman’s affections, but they are not reciprocated. Norman’s obsession with Sophie forces Andy to hire her at the magazine just to keep Norman focused on writing for the cause. What happens next threatens both the future of the magazine and Norman and Andy’s friendship.
A note about the ages of the characters: it must be believable that Andy and Norman have graduated college and that Sophie competed in the Olympics but otherwise there are no age restrictions. That said, depending on the casting of one character will impact the rest. For example, if the actress playing Sophie is 25, Andy and Norman will be cast in a similar age-range.
- Andy: Uber liberal. The salesman behind Fallout magazine. Very sarcastic.
- Norman: Also Uber liberal but more of a hippy type to Andy’s suit and tie persona. The writer of Fallout magazine. Hopelessly in love with Sophie.
- Sophie: Ultra conservative, All-American girl next door. Olympic swimmer from down South. Will require a Southern accent.
Please bring your theater resume, headshot (if you have one), and list of conflicts between January and March, 2017. The audition will consist of cold reading from the script.
Questions? Please contact Laura Berkemeier (Director) at email@example.com.