Bart’s Bards, a Christian theatrical ministry of St. Bartholomew Parish, is holding an Open Call for Directors for our Summer 2017 Musical. Dates for the run are not confirmed, but will likely be June 22-25, 2017. The show is performed on the Ray Sowell Commemorative Stage in the Fr. William F. Krumpe Activity Center in Springfield Township, OH. Interested persons should email Erica Mason firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm a 30-minute appointment time on one of the following dates:
- Saturday, November 5, 2016, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Monday, November 7, 2016, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
You can pitch up to 3 shows:
- ANNIE (required)
Choose one of the following: PETER PAN (no flying), THE KING AND I or FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
- Your own show choice, it must include a significant number of children in the cast. Widely recognizable shows are preferred.
Please note: while we will be as flexible as possible if more time is needed to pitch multiple shows, timing may be restricted due to the number of directors presenting.
Please be prepared with the following items:
- Your theatrical resumé and contact information.
- List of production or technical crew persons that work with you on a regular basis.
For all shows presented, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What technical issues does the show present?
- How would you resolve them?
- Are there any foreseen casting difficulties with the show?
- How would you overcome them?
- What draws you to want to be a director?
- What would make someone want to see this show?
For PETER PAN, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How would you put this show on stage without the ability to fly the actors (this will most likely not fit into the budget for this year’s production)?
- What barriers do you see to making this show a success without the ability to fly the actors?
- How would you overcome these?
- How much would you expect not flying the actors to impact ticket sales?
Thanks for your interest.