Who can give up an opportunity to have a mad tea party or flamingo croquet on the lawn? Come be a part of this fantasy world with the ever-curious Alice, where nothing is as it seems. Follow her adventure with all your favorite characters like the White Rabbit, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, the Mad Hatter, the Caterpillar, the mysterious Cheshire Cat and the Queen of Hearts. This is a world-premiere production that you most certainly cannot miss!
Book, Music and Lyrics are by Janet Yates Vogt and Mark Friedman who created the hit Rapunzel! Rapunzel! A Very Hairy Fairy Tale for The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati for the 2011-2012 season, as well as How I Became a Pirate which the company produced in 2010-2011, and The Magical Adventures of Merlin for The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati for the 2012-2013 season. The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati last produced a version of Alice in Wonderland for the 1992-1993 season. The new production will be based on both of Lewis Carroll’s classic books, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
ALICE IN WONDERLAND begins the 2016-2017 season at The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati, October 15-23, 2016. Saturday October 15 at 2 PM; Sunday October 16 at 2 PM and 5PM; Friday October 21 at 7:30 PM; Saturday October 22 at 2 PM and 5 PM; and Sunday October 23 at 2 PM at the Taft Theatre, 5th and Sycamore Streets in Downtown Cincinnati. Tickets $10-30. 1-800-745-3000 and www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets are selling as fast as the White Rabbit!
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s production of ALICE IN WONDERLAND is made possible by the generous support of Edyth B. Lindner. The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati is supported by the generosity of community contributions to the ArtsWave Campaign. The Children’s Theatre’s Season Sponsors are the Charles H. Dater Foundation and the Marge and Charles J. Schott Foundation. The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and cultural
enrichment for all Ohioans. Media sponsors are the Cincinnati Enquirer, LOCAL 12 and Q102. Kids Club Sponsors are AAA and Time Timer.
Cast Members include:
- Ensemble; Flower – Natalie Bellamy
- Mock Turtle – Brandon Bentley
- Ensemble – Wesstin Jade C. Bin
- March Hare; King of Hearts – Rhys Boatwright
- Ensemble; Flower – Madeleine Burgoon
- Alice – Brooke Chamberlin
- Tweedle Dum – Josh Galloway
- White Rabbit – Korey Harlow
- 7 of Hearts – Montez O. Jenkins-Copeland
- 5 of Hearts – Sam Johnson
- 2 of Hearts; Cheshire Cat – A. James Jones
- Ensemble – Aubrey E. Jones
- Ensemble – Charlie Klesa
- Knave of Hearts – Tyler Kuhlman
- Alice’s Mother – Jamie Martin
- Caterpillar – Deondra Kamau Means
- Queen of Hearts – Danielle Muething
- Ensemble – Janie Nalbandian
- Door Mouse – Courtni Nicolaci
- Dodo Bird – Dain Alan Paige
- Mad Hatter – Spenser Smith
- Loreena; Tweedle Dee – Megan Urz
- Ensemble; Flower – Kealy Welage
- Ensemble – Rachel Zimmerman
For Tweedle Dum, 2,5,&7 of Hearts: Rhys Boatwright, For Loreena & Tweedle Dee: Madeleine Burgoon, For Knave & Mock Turtle: Montez Jenkins, For Dodo: Aubrey E. Jones, For White Rabbit, Dooormouse, & March Hare: Charlie Klesa, For Queen of Hearts: Jamie Martin, For Alice: Janie Nalbandian, For Flowers: Rachel Zimmerman