THE WEDDING SINGER
Book by Chad Beguelin and Tim Herlihy
Music by Matthew Sklar
Lyrics by Chad Beguelin
Tue, June 28 from 6-8pm
Thu, June 30 from 6-8pm
Performances in October: 7-8, 14-16, 20-22, 2016. All show times are 8pm with the exception of the Sunday Matinee which starts at 3pm, and the Thursday show which starts at 7:30 pm.
Rehearsals begin late July.
Go back in time to 1985 when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up, and a wedding singer was the coolest guy in the room. New Jersey’s favorite wedding singer Robbie Hart is the life of the party, until his fiancée leaves him at the altar. Enter a winsome waitress, Julia, who is engaged to a Wall Street shark and captures Robbie’s heart. Now he must pull off the performance of a decade before the girl of his dreams is gone forever.
- ROBBIE HART – Rock Tenor, low B to high A to high C (optional strong falsetto) Age Range 20?30. Strong singer, ability to play guitar preferred but not an absolute requirement. Great comedic timing. Basic movement required. A musician and lead singer for a trio that plays for weddings. Very charismatic, yet insecure with a “puppy dog” appeal.
- SAMMY – Baritone, to high F, Age Range 20-30. Singer, ability to play guitar preferred but not an absolute requirement. Basic movement required. Robbie’s friend and guitarist for the trio, not terribly bright but means well and is supportive. Sammy is a typical man’s man, rock star wannabe.
- GEORGE – Baritone, to high F (strong falsetto), Age Range 20-30. Strong character singer who can rap and has good falsetto. Plays keyboard for the trio. Boy George type.
- JULIA SULLIVAN – Soprano, low G to E, Age Range 18-25. Strong singer, with good movement ability. The role is to be played sweet and innocent, she is a waitress who longs to be married and live the perfect married life.
- HOLLY – Pop belt to middle E, Age Range 20-25. Must have good dance ability and be a strong actor with comedic timing. Holly is Julia’s cousin, very uninhibited and forward. Based on Madonna of the 80’s.
- GLEN GUGLIA – Baritone, to high G, Age Range 20-35. Strong acting skills and requires singing and basic movement. Julia’s fiancé, a calculating, money-loving Wall Street type. Probably a former frat bro. Slimy.
- ROSIE – Mezzo Soprano that can rap, Age Range 60+. Must have great comic timing and a singing voice that suits both classic musical theatre and rap. Basic movement required. Robbie’s sweet and spicey, but totally loveable Grandmother.
- LINDA – Rock belt, to middle D. Age Range 20-25. Strong voice and movement required. Robbie’s trashy, oversexed girlfriend. Pat Benatar type.
- ANGIE- Julia’s mom. Divorced and still bitter about it. Age: 45-50. Good singer. Large, highly featured ensemble with several opportunities for supporting roles
Auditioners are asked to prepare 32 bars from a contemporary musical theater song or uptempo 80’s selection and come prepared to dance. Please bring sheet music in appropriate key. No acapella auditions, please.
Questions? Contact Amanda Borchers, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign up for an audition slot: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050b45a8ad2da20-thewedding