Footlighters Inc. announces auditions for…
A comedy by Rick Abbot
Directed by Jennifer Richardson
Produced by Robert Weidle and George Fee
Audition Dates / Times:
Sunday, June 12 5:00-7:00pm
Monday, June 13 7:00-9:00pm
Location: Stained Glass Theatre, 802 York St, Newport KY
Open to all 18 years and up. Auditions will be cold readings from the script. All who audition may bring an optional theatre resume and headshot. Please be prepared to indicate potential rehearsal date conflicts. If cast you will be required to become a member of Footlighters Inc. ($15 individual / $25 family).
Signup for an audition date/time at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0448aeae2babfc1-audition6.
Performance dates: November 3-19, 2016 (rehearsals will begin in September)
Synopsis: A community theatre group is trying desperately to put on a new play, Murder Most Foul, in spite of maddening interference from a haughty author who keeps revising the script. Act 1 is a rehearsal of the dreadful show, Act 2 is the near disastrous dress rehearsal, and the final act is the actual performance in which anything that can go wrong does!
Cast of Characters:
- Aggie Manville – capable but pessimistic stage manager – either male or female, any age
- Gerry Dunbar – often exasperated director – either male or female, over 40 years old
- Louise / Louie Perry – overwork technician – either male or female, any age
- Phyllis Montague – eccentric novice playwright of Murder Most Foul – female, 40s-60s
- Henry Benish (‘Lord Dudley’) – leading man, married to Polly – mid 50s
- Polly Benish (‘Lady Margaret’) – “diva” concerned with her weight, constantly teased about it by Saul – mid 50s
- Marla “Smitty” Smith (‘Doris the maid’) – pretty but inexperienced student; must be able to look late teens
- Saul Watson (‘Dr. Rex Forbes”, the villain) – sarcastic wisecracker, can’t resist a joke especially at Polly’s expense – 40s-60s
- Billy Carewe (‘Stephen Sellers’) – spirited young actor, 25-35
- Violet Imbry (‘Diana Lassiter’) – the not-to-bright Ingénue, 25-35