The Carnegie Announces Auditions for LOVE, LOSS, AND WHAT I WORE
By Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron
Based the book by Ilene Beckerman
Directed by Abby Rowold
Performances: November 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20
Friday & Saturday Evenings at 7:30pm, Sundays at 3:00pm
Rehearsals evenings and weekends October 3rd – November 4th
This incredibly humorous and touching play explores the lives of women through 28 interwoven characters who share their memories of love and loss as framed through the clothes they wore. From wedding dresses to miniskirts, the female obsession with black, and the hunt for the perfect purse, LOVE, LOSS, AND WHAT I WORE cheers and jeers the idiosyncrasies of the female experience. This show will be performed by 5 women assuming various roles throughout the show. Actors must be able to create a variety of distinct characters, voices/dialects, and physicalities from one scene to another.
Auditions by Appointment Only on the Following Dates:
- June 18 1pm-4pm
- June 19 1pm-4pm
To schedule a time slot, please contact Greg Swiger, email@example.com.
- 2 short, contrasting monologues. Total time for both monologues should not exceed 2 minutes.
- Select auditionees will be given sides from the script to work and perform after their initial audition is performed.
- Resume listing theatrical experience and headshot/picture are required to audition. Please bring with you to the audition, do not send in advance.
- Love, Loss, and What I Wore requires a cast of five women, featuring a diversity of ages, races, and physiques. Actresses of all types are encouraged to audition.
- Must be at least 20 years old to audition.
- All roles are paid. Not AEA eligible.
Auditions will take place at The Carnegie, Eva G. Farris Education Center
1028 Scott Blvd. Covington, KY 41011
Available Roles (as tracked in the original production):
- Woman 1- Gingy
- Woman 2- Gingy’s Mother, Nancy’s Mother, Rosie, Lynne, Mary, Nora, Doctor
- Woman 3- Nancy, Stephanie, Liz, Annie, Eve’s Shrink, Woman, Amanda
- Woman 4- Alex’s Mother, Holly, Merrill, Older Sister, Pam, Dora, Eve, Lisa, Geralyn
- Woman 5- Alex, Nancy (“The Gang Sweater”), Younger Sister, Mary’s Mother, Heather
*We may change up the assignment of scenes/monologues from the original production based on the actor’s selected.